Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem with SAMBA

Hello! I could finally connect my computer with Red Hat with another one with WIN98. But I have 2 inconvenients. From the PC with linux I can read the disks from the windows pc, but I cannot write in them. And from Win98, whenever I try to open the shared folder from linux, I am asked for a password I do not know.
Could anyone give me any idea of how to solve this.
thank you
Rodrigo

Comments

• julu01julu01 Member Posts: 1
    : Hello! I could finally connect my computer with Red Hat with another one with WIN98. But I have 2 inconvenients. From the PC with linux I can read the disks from the windows pc, but I cannot write in them. And from Win98, whenever I try to open the shared folder from linux, I am asked for a password I do not know.
    : Could anyone give me any idea of how to solve this.
    : thank you
    : Rodrigo
    :

hi i am zulfiqar i am sorry i don't have answer for you but questions cuz i am new to networking so i was also thinking to connect linux with window2000 so in this regards could you please give me some guideline about how do you connect two pc have linus on one and windows2000 on other
    i will be obliged
    thatnks
    bye
    please do email me