Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

I'm new and want to get linux . but how ??

I would like to know where to get a good version of linux preferably one that i can download if possible and then how to use it

Thanks

Comments

• jeffpostjeffpost Member Posts: 316
    : I would like to know where to get a good version of linux preferably one that i can download if possible and then how to use it
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    www.redhat.com or the web site of any other distro. But if you're on a 56k dialup line, you'd be better off just buying a shrinkwrap set of CDs.

• garwaingarwain Member Posts: 297
    : : I would like to know where to get a good version of linux preferably one that i can download if possible and then how to use it
    : :
    : : Thanks
    : www.redhat.com or the web site of any other distro. But if you're on a 56k dialup line, you'd be better off just buying a shrinkwrap set of CDs.
    :
    :
    yeah, the packaged cd's you can buy usually come with a manual to help you get started as well, but if you want to bring the price down a bit, you can try www.cheapbytes.com You can get most distributions from them at fairly cheap prices.
    Ben Martin :-D
    programmer

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : : : I would like to know where to get a good version of linux preferably one that i can download if possible and then how to use it
    : : :
    : : : Thanks
    : : :
    : : www.redhat.com or the web site of any other distro. But if you're on a 56k dialup line, you'd be better off just buying a shrinkwrap set of CDs.
    : yeah, the packaged cd's you can buy usually come with a manual to help you get started as well, but if you want to bring the price down a bit, you can try www.cheapbytes.com You can get most distributions from them at fairly cheap prices.
    : Ben Martin :-D
    : programmer

www.linuxiso.org nuff said :)
  • vytzkavytzka Member Posts: 17
    Well, I've got RedHat 6.0 (year and a half ago, but it still wasn't newest then) together with "Linux for Dummies" by John Hall. Lithuanian edition of a book costed me about 8 bucks if you convert it to dollars. And the CD was like "for free". I bought it in a local bookstore.
    Vytzka