Handle Trouble

Hi Everybody ,
I have recently purchased Charles Petzold's Programming Windows and am learning VC++, in the book it was written that even textboxes which appear in applications are windows, my question is that can I get handles to such textboxes through a VC++ function and if the answer to this is yes then can I send it messages.
In short I would like to know that if a window is open, then can I maximize it, minimize it and close it through my own created VC++ program.
Thanks to everybody here who has answered my questions

Thanks
Rohit

Comments

• Hi,

You can use GetDlgItem() function.

Example:

hEdit = GetDlgItem( GetActiveWindow(), IDC_EDIT_MONEY );

: Hi Everybody ,
    : I have recently purchased Charles Petzold's Programming Windows and am learning VC++, in the book it was written that even textboxes which appear in applications are windows, my question is that can I get handles to such textboxes through a VC++ function and if the answer to this is yes then can I send it messages.
    : In short I would like to know that if a window is open, then can I maximize it, minimize it and close it through my own created VC++ program.
    : Thanks to everybody here who has answered my questions
    :
    : Thanks
    : Rohit
    :