Question about multithreading

I'm programming a game, which has a function in it to read map data from text files. Yesterday, I switched the program over to a multithreaded format. Now VC++ is saying that ifstream is an unresolved external symbol. Is there a special library or header I need to include to read text files while in a multithreaded program or could there be something else causing it? (I have #include at the top of the main file)

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by Dazed66 at 2002-10-26 7:24:12[/red][/b][hr]
    : I'm programming a game, which has a function in it to read map data from text files. Yesterday, I switched the program over to a multithreaded format. Now VC++ is saying that ifstream is an unresolved external symbol. Is there a special library or header I need to include to read text files while in a multithreaded program or could there be something else causing it? (I have #include at the top of the main file)
    :

You might try going into -> project settings
    and under -> C/C++
    under catagory -> code generation
    under the -> Use run-time library
    change it to multithreaded.

Hope that helps.

• Nope, I already did that. Thanks for trying, though.
  • : Nope, I already did that. Thanks for trying, though.
    :

Try using this
    #include
    using namespace std;

Also are you using the CreateThread Function? If not you might want to try that...

• [b][red]This message was edited by omni777 at 2002-10-26 11:24:8[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by omni777 at 2002-10-26 11:18:24[/red][/b][hr]
    Yeah, I did that too...

Edit: Hmmm... I recompiled everything and now it's showing no errors even though I didn't change anything... Thanks for your help, man.