Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Emailing Access Report

judyvjudyv Member Posts: 6
I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.

My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• brownbbrownb Member Posts: 18
    If you have access to the full Adobe Acrobat, you can print the reports to a .PDF file.

: I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.
    :
    : My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    :

• judyvjudyv Member Posts: 6
    I don't so that's not an option

: If you have access to the full Adobe Acrobat, you can print the reports to a .PDF file.
    :
    : : I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.
    : :
    : : My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    :

• RikRik Member Posts: 56
    : I don't so that's not an option
    :
    : : If you have access to the full Adobe Acrobat, you can print the reports to a .PDF file.
    : : : I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.
    : : :
    : : : My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    :
    There's a product called the [b]Docucom PDF Driver[/b] (http://www.zeon.com.tw/zeoncom/pdfdrive/pdfdriver.htm). It costs 50 USD (there's a free trial version). It works like a printer that you can select in the 'Print...' dialogue. Instead of the report going to a printer what you get is a PDF document, full-colour graphics and all. Of course because it's a pseudo-printer driver it can be used with any windows app, it really is the business.

• RikRik Member Posts: 56
    Also, i found this on http://www.guardian.co.uk/online/askjack/story/0,12196,817496,00.html (go to the last article):

[italic] A query from Phil Clarke (September 26) prompted a discussion of cheap ways to make documents into Adobe PDF files that preserve the layout and typefaces. Bob Margolis says the best alternative for Windows is the combination of Ghostscript (v7.04 or higher) and Ghostview (v4.3 or higher). The idea is to "print" a document to a PostScript printer, saving it as a file. You can then open the PostScript file in Ghostview and use File|Convert (selecting the pdfwrite device) to convert it to PDF. Go to www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost and follow the links. Also, The Emperor has started a FAQ covering the various resources for creating PDFs at http://faq.ozoneasylum.com/814.
    [/italic]

: I don't so that's not an option
    :
    : : If you have access to the full Adobe Acrobat, you can print the reports to a .PDF file.
    : : : I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.
    : : : My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    :

• judyvjudyv Member Posts: 6
    : : I don't so that's not an option
    : : : If you have access to the full Adobe Acrobat, you can print the reports to a .PDF file.
    : : : : I have a report that is generated in an Access97 database. The report consists mostly of checkbox controls displaying options selected for a process. It also contains rectangles around different areas of the report to seperate the data into categories and has two graphics, one is the company logo and is embedded in the report and the other is a graphic of the part described by the report and at this point is a linked graphic since there will be instances where there will be no graphic displayed.
    : : : :
    : : : : My problem is, if I email this report from Access 97 as is my email only contains the text on the report, all the graphics and checkboxes are gone, even the data the checkbox represents is not displayed. I have tried exporting this report as an .rtf file, as an .html file, I have tried publishing it to 'Word' using all the options available to me from the Access menus with the same results as the email. If any of you can offer me any suggestions on how to get this report emailed in it's original form it would be greatly appreciated.
    : There's a product called the [b]Docucom PDF Driver[/b] (http://www.zeon.com.tw/zeoncom/pdfdrive/pdfdriver.htm). It costs 50 USD (there's a free trial version). It works like a printer that you can select in the 'Print...' dialogue. Instead of the report going to a printer what you get is a PDF document, full-colour graphics and all. Of course because it's a pseudo-printer driver it can be used with any windows app, it really is the business.
    :
    :
    :
    I went to the sight and downloaded the demo. It does what I need to do and very easily, even my users could do it. Also has instructions on how to use the driver behind the scenes so it will fit my needs really well. It's also priced so as not to bankrupt my company. THANKS!!!
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_________ | http://forcoder.org | free video tutorials and ebooks about / MATLAB, Perl, PHP, Visual Basic, Go, Python, C#, R, Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, Ruby, PL/SQL, JavaScript, Scratch, Objective-C, C++, Java, C, Delphi, Swift Lisp, Scala, Logo, Bash, Apex, Prolog, Rust, Transact-SQL, Clojure, Erlang, Lua, VBScript, ML, COBOL, Kotlin, LabVIEW, Fortran, Dart, D, Hack, Scheme, FoxPro, Julia, ABAP, Crystal, F#, Alice, Awk, Ada, SAS / __