Make my embedded controller laptop programmable - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Make my embedded controller laptop programmable

We are getting creamed by all the new products that are laptop programmable.

My controller uses the 'HC11 with 2k of secured EEPROM. I want to add some serial eeprom or a small PIC to hold user data tables, and make it laptop programmable.

The only software I know how to do is 'HC11 assembly. And I'm a MAC user.

Where do I start? Sales are way off, so a consultant is out.

Comments

• pbasnettpbasnett Posts: 2Member
    I use a PIC which combines non-volatile memory and program memory in flash.
    These both can be programmed when on board and changed as frequently as you wish.
    The memory side of things can be programmed as well using the parallel port of the computer.

You could keep your own device however and put on a serial EEPROM that you setup to be able to program from the parallel port as well.

Hope this helps a little.

: We are getting creamed by all the new products that are laptop programmable.
    :
    : My controller uses the 'HC11 with 2k of secured EEPROM. I want to add some serial eeprom or a small PIC to hold user data tables, and make it laptop programmable.
    :
    : The only software I know how to do is 'HC11 assembly. And I'm a MAC user.
    :
    : Where do I start? Sales are way off, so a consultant is out.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :