Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Network Traffic Statistics Module?

Insaino DwaynoInsaino Dwayno Member Posts: 2
Does anyone know of a module I could use to retrieve statistics from a LAN connection I have on my windows 2000 box? Specifically, I would like to be able to post the amount of data sent and received over the network connection on an perl-generated page, for example "Connection 1: Received: 12.4 GB, Sent: 2.3 GB" I'm using the latest release of ActivePerl. I was able to do something similar on a linux box, but can't find anything for my win box.

Any information on this would help a lot. I've been looking for a solution to this for a while, but nothing has turned up. Thanks!

Comments

• bgibbybgibby Member Posts: 251
    : Does anyone know of a module I could use to retrieve statistics from a LAN connection I have on my windows 2000 box? Specifically, I would like to be able to post the amount of data sent and received over the network connection on an perl-generated page, for example "Connection 1: Received: 12.4 GB, Sent: 2.3 GB" I'm using the latest release of ActivePerl. I was able to do something similar on a linux box, but can't find anything for my win box.
    :
    : Any information on this would help a lot. I've been looking for a solution to this for a while, but nothing has turned up. Thanks!
    :

Hi there,

Have you tried SNMP? I've run a LOT of scripts for Network Usage and Traffic and SNMP was the way to go. All you do is find the right OID and SNMPGET retrieve's the value for you.

You may need to do some additional calcs, but hey, that's straightforward.

Take a look on CPAN for the SNMP module. It's incredible!

HTH
    Bradley q:)
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ | http://forcoder.org | free video tutorials and ebooks about // Visual Basic .NET R Ruby Go Python C# MATLAB Perl Delphi PHP Swift Visual Basic Objective-C PL/SQL C Java Assembly JavaScript C++ Scratch ML ABAP Bash F# Lua COBOL VBScript Awk Lisp Prolog Transact-SQL Fortran Kotlin Dart D Clojure FoxPro LabVIEW Logo Crystal Hack Julia Scala SAS Ada Alice Erlang Scheme Apex Rust // ____