Argh! Someone, please help!

I'm trying to write a terminal program in VB6 for a legacy app...
how do I go about creating a RESIZEABLE terminal window?
I've tried "print"ing to a picturebox and a form, but as soon as another window overlaps it, it loses the overlap area...
Also, can't seem to figure out the font size issue... the terminal program is to be a VT100 compatible (support for double high and wide characters)
Thanks in advance!

Dan Damron

Comments

• : I'm trying to write a terminal program in VB6 for a legacy app...
    : how do I go about creating a RESIZEABLE terminal window?
    : I've tried "print"ing to a picturebox and a form, but as soon as another window overlaps it, it loses the overlap area...
    : Also, can't seem to figure out the font size issue... the terminal program is to be a VT100 compatible (support for double high and wide characters)
    : Thanks in advance!
    :
    : Dan Damron
    :
    :
    Set AutoRedraw=true to avoid the overlap.

• You have to work with the Console APIs of Windows. I think those APIs have got what you're tryin' to code.
  • [b][red]This message was edited by ddamron at 2002-10-25 10:19:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : You have to work with the Console APIs of Windows. I think those APIs have got what you're tryin' to code.
    :
    Ok, I'm not sure how to init a console... also, will a console allow me to change the font on the fly? I need to Double Wide a character, and double high a character, and both..
    re: autodraw = true, thanks, I'll try that...
    I still don't like having to "print" to a form or picture, but I can use that if I can't find any other method.

Thanks again...
    BTW, I'm using VB6.0

• : Go:
    :
    : http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/console_functions.asp
    :

ok, When you first mentioned the console functions, I thought, Cool, let's see what microsoft says about them... I found this page, but I have no idea on how to init or call them from VB... Sorry for the mixup... requestion: How do I call them from VB? possible code example?

Thanks again...