Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Unix Compatability

Sir/Ma'am,

I currently am working with Oracle 8 and Visual J++ on a Microsoft Windows 98 machine. I have created a few web pages which connect and show some information from the Oracle database and now I need to move both the Jave Webpages and Oracle Database to an HP-UX 11i machine. My question is weither I will run into any complications going from a windows platform to a Unix one? Any information that you can offer would be great.

Comments

• joebeewjoebeew Member Posts: 61
    : Sir/Ma'am,
    :
    : I currently am working with Oracle 8 and Visual J++ on a Microsoft Windows 98 machine. I have created a few web pages which connect and show some information from the Oracle database and now I need to move both the Jave Webpages and Oracle Database to an HP-UX 11i machine. My question is weither I will run into any complications going from a windows platform to a Unix one? Any information that you can offer would be great.
    :
    :
    The only main problems I can for see is if you are trying to get or save files onto your File System. YOu have to remember that windows uses a backward slash and NIX uses forward slash. Other then that and maybe permissions I don't see any issues.
    Aint nothing to it but to do it!
    Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware!