Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using a GUI along with EJB

ShinMagusShinMagus Member Posts: 24
[b][red]This message was edited by ShinMagus at 2002-10-22 6:34:37[/red][/b][hr]
Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to make a GUI that lets the client issue commands to a remote Enterprise Java Bean, preferrably not by using an applet. It's very inconvenient to depend on HTML and a browser to do things. A nice local SWING-based GUI would so much better... :) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ShinMagusShinMagus Member Posts: 24
    [b][red]This message was edited by ShinMagus at 2002-10-23 9:2:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : [hr]
    : Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to make a GUI that lets the client issue commands to a remote Enterprise Java Bean, preferrably not by using an applet. It's very inconvenient to depend on HTML and a browser to do things. A nice local SWING-based GUI would so much better... :) Thanks in advance!
    :

up!

up... -_-
  • NazgulNazgul Member Posts: 63
    : [b][red]This message was edited by ShinMagus at 2002-10-23 9:2:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : : [hr]
    : : Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to make a GUI that lets the client issue commands to a remote Enterprise Java Bean, preferrably not by using an applet. It's very inconvenient to depend on HTML and a browser to do things. A nice local SWING-based GUI would so much better... :) Thanks in advance!
    : :
    :
    : up!
    :
    :
    :

Do you now JEditorPane ? It use DocumentObjectModel. But it's a kind of browser ...
    try
    [code]
    import javax.swing.*;
    import java.net.*;

public class Plop{

public static void main(String a[]){
    try{

JFrame f = new JFrame("Destroy google");
    JEditorPane p = new JEditorPane( new URL("http://www.google.com") );
    f.getContentPane().add(p);
    f.setSize(640,480);
    f.setVisible(true);
    }
    catch(Exception ex){ ex.printStackTrace(); }
    }

}[/code]

: : [b][red]This message was edited by ShinMagus at 2002-10-23 9:2:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : [hr]
    : : : Hi. I was wondering if it's possible to make a GUI that lets the client issue commands to a remote Enterprise Java Bean, preferrably not by using an applet. It's very inconvenient to depend on HTML and a browser to do things. A nice local SWING-based GUI would so much better... :) Thanks in advance!
    : : :
    : : up!
    :
    : Do you now JEditorPane ? It use DocumentObjectModel. But it's a kind of browser ...
    : try
    : [code]
    : import javax.swing.*;
    : import java.net.*;
    :
    : public class Plop{
    :
    : public static void main(String a[]){
    : try{
    :
    : JFrame f = new JFrame("Destroy google");
    : JEditorPane p = new JEditorPane( new URL("http://www.google.com") );
    : f.getContentPane().add(p);
    : f.setSize(640,480);
    : f.setVisible(true);
    : }
    : catch(Exception ex){ ex.printStackTrace(); }
    : }
    :
    : }[/code]
    :
    :

Hmmmm... It's interesting, but I need to be able to get the data, not just show HTML-based results. I need the Servlet to receive and send data to the client GUI (knowing it was a GUI that called it, instead of an HTML page or a JSP).

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

{ http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about | Ruby, C, Assembly, MATLAB, Visual Basic .NET, C++, JavaScript, Go, Perl, PL/SQL, Swift, C#, Objective-C, Visual Basic, PHP, Java, R, Python, Scratch, Delphi Lisp, D, ABAP, F#, Rust, Kotlin, Prolog, Clojure, Julia, SAS, Lua, Dart, VBScript, LabVIEW, Alice, Crystal, Fortran, Hack, Bash, FoxPro, Erlang, Scala, COBOL, ML, Logo, Awk, Transact-SQL, Apex, Scheme, Ada | _______