Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Anyone of you?

DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
Ey,

Is there anyone interested in the (private) project i am currently working on? If so, then i'll post some about it.

Greetz,
[HR]
Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
[HR]

[GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]

Comments

• lionblionb Posts: 1,685Member

What kind of project?

: Ey,
    :
    : Is there anyone interested in the (private) project i am currently working on? If so, then i'll post some about it.
    :
    : Greetz,
    : [HR]
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :

• DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    Virus scanning

: What kind of project?
    :
    : : Ey,
    : :
    : : Is there anyone interested in the (private) project i am currently working on? If so, then i'll post some about it.
    : : Greetz,
    : : [HR]
    : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

: Virus scanning
    Are you trying to use VB for that? I don't think it'll work. Need something more sophisticated like C++, I believe. If you are going to use VB, I am in.
    I use VB, but in the xmass holiday i'll try to learn C and it's equivallents. Well, for now it works perfectly well and loads the files at an enourmous speed! If the file is larger then 64kb it will chunk and load the chunks anyway into it's dynamic buffers.
    I am only making the DLL kernel that provides the actual functionallity. Some Swedish guy is making the GUI. Ha, it was his idea to do this but h.

It will also be able to connect to some server that can provide online virus updates! Nice huh! Now i must quickly start my company and start my website so i can run a ADSL server!!

The arguments for the various function are dynamic as well. Example:

Function OpenFile (strFilePath as string)

if no filename is specified but a directory is, then the entire dir will be loaded into the memory.

ha, maybe it is not too fast afterall because of VB but i am pretty sure that it will NOT be my error!

: : Virus scanning
    : Are you trying to use VB for that? I don't think it'll work. Need something more sophisticated like C++, I believe. If you are going to use VB, I am in.
    :

[HR]
    [HR]

So, what you program does? Just looks for particular files(viruses) and deletes them? It's not big deal using FileSystemObject in VB. Does it clean the system? I mean mailboxes and stuff like that?

: I use VB, but in the xmass holiday i'll try to learn C and it's equivallents. Well, for now it works perfectly well and loads the files at an enourmous speed! If the file is larger then 64kb it will chunk and load the chunks anyway into it's dynamic buffers.
    : I am only making the DLL kernel that provides the actual functionallity. Some Swedish guy is making the GUI. Ha, it was his idea to do this but h.
    :
    : It will also be able to connect to some server that can provide online virus updates! Nice huh! Now i must quickly start my company and start my website so i can run a ADSL server!!
    :
    : The arguments for the various function are dynamic as well. Example:
    :
    : Function OpenFile (strFilePath as string)
    :
    : if no filename is specified but a directory is, then the entire dir will be loaded into the memory.
    :
    : ha, maybe it is not too fast afterall because of VB but i am pretty sure that it will NOT be my error!
    :

: I use VB, but in the xmass holiday i'll try to learn C and it's equivallents. Well, for now it works perfectly well and loads the files at an enourmous speed! If the file is larger then 64kb it will chunk and load the chunks anyway into it's dynamic buffers.
    : I am only making the DLL kernel that provides the actual functionallity. Some Swedish guy is making the GUI. Ha, it was his idea to do this but h.

[blue]It looks like almost done. Why you are looking somebody else to be involved?[/blue]

: It will also be able to connect to some server that can provide online virus updates! Nice huh! Now i must quickly start my company and start my website so i can run a ADSL server!!
    :
    : The arguments for the various function are dynamic as well. Example:
    :
    : Function OpenFile (strFilePath as string)
    :
    : if no filename is specified but a directory is, then the entire dir will be loaded into the memory.
    :
    : ha, maybe it is not too fast afterall because of VB but i am pretty sure that it will NOT be my error!
    :
    : : : Virus scanning
    : : Are you trying to use VB for that? I don't think it'll work. Need something more sophisticated like C++, I believe. If you are going to use VB, I am in.
    :
    : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    :
    : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : So, what you program does? Just looks for particular files(viruses) and deletes them? It's not big deal using FileSystemObject in VB. Does it clean the system? I mean mailboxes and stuff like that?

Isn't virus scanning more involved than just reading a file? I mean, there must be different ways of hiding a virus in a file. Or maybe not. I honestly don't know much about virii.

Personally I'd love to find a good python project to work on, or start my own, but I haven't thought of a good idea yet.
    : Isn't virus scanning more involved than just reading a file? I mean, there must be different ways of hiding a virus in a file.

That's my question was about.
    : : I use VB, but in the xmass holiday i'll try to learn C and it's equivallents. Well, for now it works perfectly well and loads the files at an enourmous speed! If the file is larger then 64kb it will chunk and load the chunks anyway into it's dynamic buffers.
    : : I am only making the DLL kernel that provides the actual functionallity. Some Swedish guy is making the GUI. Ha, it was his idea to do this but h.
    :
    : [blue]It looks like almost done. Why you are for looking somebody else to be involved?[/blue]
    :
    : : It will also be able to connect to some server that can provide online virus updates! Nice huh! Now i must quickly start my company and start my website so i can run a ADSL server!!
    : : The arguments for the various function are dynamic as well. Example:
    : : Function OpenFile (strFilePath as string)
    : : if no filename is specified but a directory is, then the entire dir will be loaded into the memory.
    : : ha, maybe it is not too fast afterall because of VB but i am pretty sure that it will NOT be my error!
    : : : : Virus scanning
    : : : Are you trying to use VB for that? I don't think it'll work. Need something more sophisticated like C++, I believe. If you are going to use VB, I am in.
    : : :
    : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :
    :

Well, it does not actually scan for virusses yet! I simply am not that far yet because there is more im my life than VB coding. I am programming bug free right now (havent encountered bugs yet) and that is the reason why i first want the shit to be loaded correctly and in its most efficient way BEFORE programming the scanner.

I have designed some very nice tricks to scan for those shitty virusses by using recurisve algo's and multi threading in VB 6.0! Ofcourse I dont use createthread because it can crash miserably in VB6.0

I am still thinking about implementing a neural network for scanning the virusses and to detect NEW virusses automatically.

: : : I use VB, but in the xmass holiday i'll try to learn C and it's equivallents. Well, for now it works perfectly well and loads the files at an enourmous speed! If the file is larger then 64kb it will chunk and load the chunks anyway into it's dynamic buffers.
    : : : I am only making the DLL kernel that provides the actual functionallity. Some Swedish guy is making the GUI. Ha, it was his idea to do this but h.
    : : [blue]It looks like almost done. Why you are for looking somebody else to be involved?[/blue]
    : : : It will also be able to connect to some server that can provide online virus updates! Nice huh! Now i must quickly start my company and start my website so i can run a ADSL server!!
    : : : The arguments for the various function are dynamic as well. Example:
    : : : Function OpenFile (strFilePath as string)
    : : : if no filename is specified but a directory is, then the entire dir will be loaded into the memory.
    : : : ha, maybe it is not too fast afterall because of VB but i am pretty sure that it will NOT be my error!
    : : : : : Virus scanning
    : : : : Are you trying to use VB for that? I don't think it'll work. Need something more sophisticated like C++, I believe. If you are going to use VB, I am in.
    : : : :
    : : : [HR]
    : : : Gadver, ik wot ha'k hjir no wr?
    : : : [HR]
    : : : [GREEN]Anyone cares to translate?[/GREEN]
    :