Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

KDE3 SuSE 7.3

D4anielD4aniel Member Posts: 10
Hi,
I wanted to install KDE3 in SuSE 7.3 prof. Everybody on Xchat told me not to do it since i am a newbie in Linux and it would be to hard. I tried anyway, hack, how else am I gonna learn? Right?! Well. it worked. Not to many problems, it's up and running. The only thing is: I had a whole bunch of windowmanagers to choose from in KDE2 (Blackbox, Ice..something etc.) they are all gone now or the option to choose them (probably). How do i get them back? I was looking around a bit, and came across some file called .profile and saw some things that looked like the option to choose windowmanagers. however, i did not seem to get it working by entering lines with (possible) blackbox paths etc. Can someone tell me if i am on the right track? and maybe how to do it?
Thanks in advance.
P.S. I still don't know how to get mu menu's, window's, and terminals transparent. Can someone please tell me how this is done?!!!!!?!?!?!
Daniel

Comments

• jeweljewel Member Posts: 52
    : Hi,
    : I wanted to install KDE3 in SuSE 7.3 prof. Everybody on Xchat told me not to do it since i am a newbie in Linux and it would be to hard. I tried anyway, hack, how else am I gonna learn? Right?! Well. it worked. Not to many problems, it's up and running. The only thing is: I had a whole bunch of windowmanagers to choose from in KDE2 (Blackbox, Ice..something etc.) they are all gone now or the option to choose them (probably). How do i get them back? I was looking around a bit, and came across some file called .profile and saw some things that looked like the option to choose windowmanagers. however, i did not seem to get it working by entering lines with (possible) blackbox paths etc. Can someone tell me if i am on the right track? and maybe how to do it?
    : Thanks in advance.
    : P.S. I still don't know how to get mu menu's, window's, and terminals transparent. Can someone please tell me how this is done?!!!!!?!?!?!
    : Daniel

well, i have used suse linux once in my whole linux-career, and i can only say it sucks (sorry for swearing).. I'we tried redhat too, and there is a program wich is called 'switchdesk'. Try it. like: switchdesk afterstep. and like switchdesk kde. got it? Anyhow, try searching groups.google.com

Good luck :)