Creating and scheduling a job

I have 2 tables in SQL database
Table A :
Id, referencenumber, filingdate, ... 46 other fields

Table B
Reg_Id, Segment_Id, .... 3 other fields

(Reg_id is a references id of table A
For each id in table A if x number of ids segments are available then we have x number of rows in table B)

i have an option of Download all in my asp page in which the user can download everything from these 2 tables in one csv file.

I had a program to do the same however coz of the loops involved when the data size increased my asp started crashing and giving script time out error.

Now i have 2 choices
A) increase script time out time
B) schedule a job where a transaction table is created at an appointed time which has all records of Table A and table B in it

Transaction table:
Table A coulums, All segments as columns with value = Y in case corresp row exists in Table B else value = N
I do not know how to do this .....
can neone help ?

thanks in advance :D

Comments

• I would increase the timeout, and also make sure that there indexes to make the query run quicker.
    : I have 2 tables in SQL database
    : Table A :
    : Id, referencenumber, filingdate, ... 46 other fields
    :
    : Table B
    : Reg_Id, Segment_Id, .... 3 other fields
    :
    : (Reg_id is a references id of table A
    : For each id in table A if x number of ids segments are available then we have x number of rows in table B)
    :
    : i have an option of Download all in my asp page in which the user can download everything from these 2 tables in one csv file.
    :
    : I had a program to do the same however coz of the loops involved when the data size increased my asp started crashing and giving script time out error.
    :
    : Now i have 2 choices
    : A) increase script time out time
    : B) schedule a job where a transaction table is created at an appointed time which has all records of Table A and table B in it
    :
    : Transaction table:
    : Table A coulums, All segments as columns with value = Y in case corresp row exists in Table B else value = N
    : I do not know how to do this .....
    : can neone help ?
    :
    : thanks in advance :D
    :