Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

how do i position a dialog on a dialog ( outlook style )

grahamojgrahamoj Member Posts: 366
hiya, how do i position a dialog on a dialog exactly where i want it??

i have tried this:

// position property pages
CRect rcDlgs;
// get dialog area rect
GetDlgItem(IDC_OUTLOOKBAR)->GetWindowRect(rcDlgs);
ScreenToClient(rcDlgs);

m_Page1.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
m_Page2.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);

but it overlaps the list control on the dialog box. i have an outlook type list control at the side of my dialog box, in which the user clicks their option, and the property sheet is displayed. i want to position my property sheet beside my list control, like outlook does..

i have also tried using the other parameters of MoveWindow( x,y ) but i still can't position it where i want..

thanks,
grahamoj.

Comments

• grahamojgrahamoj Member Posts: 366
    : hiya, how do i position a dialog on a dialog exactly where i want it??
    :
    : i have tried this:
    :
    : // position property pages
    : CRect rcDlgs;
    : // get dialog area rect
    : GetDlgItem(IDC_OUTLOOKBAR)->GetWindowRect(rcDlgs);
    : ScreenToClient(rcDlgs);
    :
    : m_Page1.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
    : m_Page2.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
    :
    : but it overlaps the list control on the dialog box. i have an outlook type list control at the side of my dialog box, in which the user clicks their option, and the property sheet is displayed. i want to position my property sheet beside my list control, like outlook does..
    :
    : i have also tried using the other parameters of MoveWindow( x,y ) but i still can't position it where i want..
    :
    : thanks,
    : grahamoj.
    :
    :
    :

hiya does anyone have any ideas on this or even show me how to position a dialog on another dialog??

how do i get the dialogs size, so then i could use Movewindow() to try to position the dialog in the middle of the other dialog??

thanks,
    grahamoj.

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

___ [ http://forcoder.org ] free ebooks and video tutorials about { Swift, Python, C, Scratch, Visual Basic .NET, JavaScript, Delphi, Java, PL/SQL, MATLAB, Ruby, Visual Basic, R, C++, Go, C#, Assembly, Objective-C, Perl, PHP LabVIEW, D, Alice, Bash, Fortran, FoxPro, Dart, SAS, VBScript, Lua, ML, Julia, Crystal, Apex, ABAP, Scala, COBOL, Clojure, Ada, Lisp, Rust, F#, Kotlin, Erlang, Hack, Prolog, Transact-SQL, Logo, Awk, Scheme }