how do i position a dialog on a dialog ( outlook style )

hiya, how do i position a dialog on a dialog exactly where i want it??

i have tried this:

// position property pages
CRect rcDlgs;
// get dialog area rect
GetDlgItem(IDC_OUTLOOKBAR)->GetWindowRect(rcDlgs);
ScreenToClient(rcDlgs);

m_Page1.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
m_Page2.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);

but it overlaps the list control on the dialog box. i have an outlook type list control at the side of my dialog box, in which the user clicks their option, and the property sheet is displayed. i want to position my property sheet beside my list control, like outlook does..

i have also tried using the other parameters of MoveWindow( x,y ) but i still can't position it where i want..

thanks,
grahamoj.

Comments

• : hiya, how do i position a dialog on a dialog exactly where i want it??
    :
    : i have tried this:
    :
    : // position property pages
    : CRect rcDlgs;
    : // get dialog area rect
    : GetDlgItem(IDC_OUTLOOKBAR)->GetWindowRect(rcDlgs);
    : ScreenToClient(rcDlgs);
    :
    : m_Page1.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
    : m_Page2.MoveWindow(rcDlgs);
    :
    : but it overlaps the list control on the dialog box. i have an outlook type list control at the side of my dialog box, in which the user clicks their option, and the property sheet is displayed. i want to position my property sheet beside my list control, like outlook does..
    :
    : i have also tried using the other parameters of MoveWindow( x,y ) but i still can't position it where i want..
    :
    : thanks,
    : grahamoj.
    :
    :
    :

hiya does anyone have any ideas on this or even show me how to position a dialog on another dialog??

how do i get the dialogs size, so then i could use Movewindow() to try to position the dialog in the middle of the other dialog??

thanks,
    grahamoj.