Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

phone dial

boddahboddah Member Posts: 15
hi.. i have this idea for a program where at like 9:00 AM... the program dials a phone number. ( I would start the program before I went to class) - then after 10 seconds... the phone would hang up, and dial a new number.. etc

I know how to dial 1 number - but I have no idea how to use timers that make a 10 second call then dial a new number about 15 times. Can anyone help?

Comments

• DymanicDymanic Member Posts: 63
    : hi.. i have this idea for a program where at like 9:00 AM... the program dials a phone number. ( I would start the program before I went to class) - then after 10 seconds... the phone would hang up, and dial a new number.. etc
    :
    : I know how to dial 1 number - but I have no idea how to use timers that make a 10 second call then dial a new number about 15 times. Can anyone help?
    :

Didn't you mother ever tell you not to play on the phone?
  • boddahboddah Member Posts: 15
    : : hi.. i have this idea for a program where at like 9:00 AM... the program dials a phone number. ( I would start the program before I went to class) - then after 10 seconds... the phone would hang up, and dial a new number.. etc
    : :
    : : I know how to dial 1 number - but I have no idea how to use timers that make a 10 second call then dial a new number about 15 times. Can anyone help?
    :
    : Didn't you mother ever tell you not to play on the phone?
    :
    Actually... she might have ... but im going to ignore her and call a bunch of my friends over and over, and with the help of you guys... I can have some fun
  • ScoaxScoax Member Posts: 1
    : : : hi.. i have this idea for a program where at like 9:00 AM... the program dials a phone number. ( I would start the program before I went to class) - then after 10 seconds... the phone would hang up, and dial a new number.. etc
    : : :
    : : : I know how to dial 1 number - but I have no idea how to use timers that make a 10 second call then dial a new number about 15 times. Can anyone help?
    : : :
    : : Didn't you mother ever tell you not to play on the phone?
    : Actually... she might have ... but im going to ignore her and call a bunch of my friends over and over, and with the help of you guys... I can have some fun

Well, actually there is. There are these things called "war dialers" that phone phreakers used to mess around with back in day, but I think they're illegal now. Ever find out a way to do it yourself, have fun!
    :

• PuzzlerPuzzler Member Posts: 208
    War Dialing is only illegal in some areas like Colorado Springs... Anyway, check out the sleep command, for timers, and look up a modem command reference.

--------------------------------------------
    I will bend your mind with my spoon...

• jonasolsonjonasolson Member Posts: 2
    Your problem seems pretty easy to solve to me. I think you have already accomplished the difficult part: to make the modem call!

If I have understood your problem correctly I think I could provide you a solution. But some details are depending on how your current code looks. That is how the modem is told to make a call. That would be very interesting for my own sake too.

Please show me and I'll show you how to make the delay and iteration.

/Jonas Olson
  • boddahboddah Member Posts: 15
    Private Declare Function tapiRequestMakeCall Lib "TAPI32.DLL" _
    (ByVal DestAddr$, ByVal AppName As String, _
    ByVal CalledParty As String, ByVal Comment As String) As Long

Private Sub Dial_Click()
    tapiRequestMakeCall "9544751605", App.Title, "called", ""
    End Sub

thanks
  • jonasolsonjonasolson Member Posts: 2
    : Private Declare Function tapiRequestMakeCall Lib "TAPI32.DLL" _
    : (ByVal DestAddr$, ByVal AppName As String, _
    : ByVal CalledParty As String, ByVal Comment As String) As Long
    :
    : Private Sub Dial_Click()
    : tapiRequestMakeCall "9544751605", App.Title, "called", ""
    : End Sub
    :
    :
    :
    : thanks
    :

Oh! Sorry. I wasn't expecting VB. I actually don't know the VB-syntax for the instructions.

/Jonas
  • UnderWARE LabsUnderWARE Labs Member Posts: 1
    : hi.. i have this idea for a program where at like 9:00 AM... the program dials a phone number. ( I would start the program before I went to class) - then after 10 seconds... the phone would hang up, and dial a new number.. etc
    :
    : I know how to dial 1 number - but I have no idea how to use timers that make a 10 second call then dial a new number about 15 times. Can anyone help?
    :

The best and easiest way to time your event is the ON TIMER function. It it will enter the new sub on cue at the number of seconds every time. AND you can reset, STOP, and start it again.

To get the program just use a match-the-time to the TIME$ then you're off! Use the ON TIMER event function to continue from there.

- UWLabs
  • DiskJokerDiskJoker Member Posts: 1
    : : Private Declare Function tapiRequestMakeCall Lib "TAPI32.DLL" _
    : : (ByVal DestAddr$, ByVal AppName As String, _
    : : ByVal CalledParty As String, ByVal Comment As String) As Long
    : : Private Sub Dial_Click()
    : : tapiRequestMakeCall "9544751605", App.Title, "called", ""
    : : End Sub
    : : thanks
    :
    : Oh! Sorry. I wasn't expecting VB. I actually don't know the VB-syntax for the instructions.
    :
    : /Jonas
    :

You can just try using 2 timers, 1 file where you will store the numbers and after 10 sec. reading from the file and dialing. I used to do such a things (fuc???? people) but i was doing it with TELEMATE. Its cool DOS program. Try it. Make you own script and have a fun.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

\ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about [ C#, Assembly, MATLAB, Visual Basic, Scratch, JavaScript, Objective-C, PHP, C, Perl, PL/SQL, Java, Delphi, Ruby, C++, R, Swift, Python, Go, Visual Basic .NET FoxPro, D, Julia, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Clojure, Awk, Ada, Erlang, Lisp, Bash, COBOL, Scheme, ABAP, F#, Rust, Logo, Fortran, Scala, Hack, Lua, LabVIEW, ML, Crystal, Alice, Prolog, Apex, SAS, Dart, Kotlin ] _____