Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to use crystal reports in ASP

Hi there,

Thanks for taking your time in reading this message.

I wan't to display the data in more organised and more attractive way and i am intrested in useing Crystal Reports in Browser.

Do you have any idea about using Crystal Reports in Browser??

Thanks again

Dhaval

Comments

• vanithvanith Member Posts: 44
    : Hi there,
    :
    : Thanks for taking your time in reading this message.
    :
    : I wan't to display the data in more organised and more attractive way and i am intrested in useing Crystal Reports in Browser.
    :
    : Do you have any idea about using Crystal Reports in Browser??
    :
    : Thanks again
    :
    : Dhaval
    :

Hi Dhaval!!

I have once used Crystal reports 7/8.0 in ASP pages 2 years back. I dont have much idea about the latest versions.

To view Crystal Reports form the Client browser, you need to have the Crystal Reports OCX registered at the client machine. Then client browsers view the .rpt files from the webserver by using the HTML OBJECT tag with the corresponding CLSID in the ASP or HTML pages like you do with normal activex components.

If you have the Seagate Crystal Reports Web application server running integrated with your IIS, the users will be prompted for the download of the activeX component when they first access an ASP page with the object embeded in it. Basically, there are (used to be) 3 formats that you could view the reports at the Client browser.

1. ActiveX
    2. Java Applet
    3. HTML

But the key is you need have the Seagate Web application server installed and integrated with your IIS in your server. You will get a lot of sample ASP pages with the application, which you can modify and make use of it.

More info at http://www.crystaldecisions.com/

:)heers,
    Vanith

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

/ http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about | Swift, Scratch, Delphi, Python, Visual Basic, Java, MATLAB, Go, R, PHP, C, Perl, Ruby, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, C#, C++, Assembly, Objective-C Clojure, ML, Scheme, Transact-SQL, Logo, Ada, Bash, FoxPro, Dart, Julia, Erlang, Lisp, COBOL, Lua, D, F#, ABAP, Fortran, VBScript, Kotlin, LabVIEW, Hack, Awk, Prolog, Apex, SAS, Crystal, Alice, Scala, Rust | _________