Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

"HELP"-----> NEWBIE

mino79mino79 Member Posts: 1
how do you compile if you use MASM 615 in DOS mode?

is that how you do compile?

C:MSAM615> masm test.asm
C:MSAM615> make16 test

my professor absolutely does not teach anything.
I have a project due this Thursday..

can anyone help me to finish my project??????/
PLEASE

Comments

• demononwheelsdemononwheels Member Posts: 2
    : how do you compile if you use MASM 615 in DOS mode?
    :
    : is that how you do compile?
    :
    : C:MSAM615> masm test.asm
    : C:MSAM615> make16 test
    :
    : my professor absolutely does not teach anything.
    : I have a project due this Thursday..
    :
    : can anyone help me to finish my project??????/
    : PLEASE
    :

First you need to make a setup batch file and then you can use the build file that links your code. Your setup file will consist of one line for now it can look like.

path C:masm615;

You do this using a text writer like notepad or whatever. Then save it as setup.bat. After you get into dos and get to the right directory. type in setup, and you should see your path. Then you type in make16 and whatever your asm file is called.That will compile and list any errors if any. When you are ready to run just type in your asm file name
    like so.
    C:masm615yourasm

Hope this helps

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_________ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about // JavaScript C Scratch Java Delphi Go MATLAB Objective-C C++ R Ruby C# Perl Visual Basic PL/SQL Python Visual Basic .NET PHP Swift Assembly FoxPro Prolog Erlang ML Hack COBOL ABAP Scala Dart Fortran Lisp Kotlin Transact-SQL Lua Crystal Apex Clojure LabVIEW Julia Awk F# Rust Scheme SAS D Logo Ada Bash Alice VBScript //