Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

vb6 problem

midstmidst Member Posts: 32
Im having trouble with a program for an atm( the money machine). Have someone done that before?

Comments

• lionblionb Member Posts: 1,688 ✭✭
    : Im having trouble with a program for an atm( the money machine). Have someone done that before?
    :
    What kind of project are yyou working on? Is it real project or just school assigment? As I know, it may be wrong, in real life program like that usually is written in C or C++ and istalled on AT machine. I 've never worked on project like that before but it should not be that diffucult. What kind of problem do you have?
  • DjSpiritDjSpirit Member Posts: 371
    [grey]We have an ATM down the street that runs NT4. It might have been programmed in VB.

I almost laughed my head of when I saw someone with remote access, reebooted the ATM after a system upgrade. I guess the people in that bank is really into security.

DjSpirit, stupidity must be a virtue since so many confine themseves to its actions[/grey]
    : I almost laughed my head of when I saw someone with remote access, reebooted the ATM after a system upgrade. I guess the people in that bank is really into security.

That's why I asked midst what kind of project he/she was working on
  • midstmidst Member Posts: 32
    Im doing an assingnmet! my friends.And I have to create the hole program for an atm and the prof. havent explained anything.
  • DarQDarQ Member Posts: 1,625
    I heard a couple of times a person mentioning a ATM (the teller machine). Now, i don't know what it is so is there anyone able to explain it to me quickly?
    [HR]
    [GREEN]
    roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    especially for in your kitchen.
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

Hey Im here. Let me explain. An atm is the machine that you have everywhere and its gives you money from your bank account using a card with a secret password. This machine makes bank transactions. Please Help me!
  • DarQDarQ Member Posts: 1,625
    Oooh, a PIN-Automaat!! Yeah, we've got huge ammounts of those! What do you want to do and what's the problem?

: Hey Im here. Let me explain. An atm is the machine that you have everywhere and its gives you money from your bank account using a card with a secret password. This machine makes bank transactions. Please Help me!
    :

[HR]
    [GREEN]
    roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    especially for in your kitchen.
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

[b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2002-10-21 10:15:53[/red][/b][hr]
    What do you want to do and what's the problem?
    :
    I asked him the same question this morning. Have not got reply yet.
    As I said before, I've never worked on project like that before but I'll try to help. This a plan. First of all you need to write code to read information (like pin number or password) from screen. It's just a very simple VB vode. Then you need read the same information from magtnetic strip (no idea how it may be done in VB) and compare it with each other. If everything is OK, you need to read info from magmntic strip about Account #. The next steps are just regular VB - SQL code. So the biggest problem/question is reading information from the card.

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : What do you want to do and what's the problem?
    : :
    : I asked him the same question this morning. Have not got reply yet.

My guess is that the program will have to do the following:

Verify user given id/account# and PIN/password.

Give user choices to Withdraw funds, deposit funds, check balance, etc.

Verify user request (withdrawal amount is a multiple of $20, within acceptable range, etc)

Update account information and store the transaction(s) information for statement purposes.

Allow user to log out.

: Yes my friends thats what I want but how do I do it?
    :
    :