Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Windows Registry & VB6

I have just completed my first application program for use in my department at work (until now, all my apps were for use by only me). It is a database program that works fine on my NT Workstation. I used the VB6 Package & Deployment Wizard to create the setup file to copy the necessary files to the other workstations in the department. The problem I have is that when I run the setup program, I get an error stating that the Windows Registry can not be updated. I continue the setup and it completes and says that program has been installed. When it is executed, an Error 3170 'Couldn't find an Installable ISAM' occurs. I have been researching this problem for days and I am ready to pull my hair out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Muttley

Comments

• I'm not quite sure, but on the VB Wizard, did you include the database engine (if you're using mdb, include the Jet 2.x;)?

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

________ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about ( C, MATLAB, C#, PHP, Ruby, Objective-C, R, C++, Swift, Java, JavaScript, Scratch, Visual Basic, PL/SQL, Python, Assembly, Go, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Delphi VBScript, Bash, Awk, Julia, Apex, Erlang, D, Prolog, LabVIEW, Rust, ABAP, Lua, Ada, Transact-SQL, Lisp, SAS, FoxPro, Crystal, Clojure, Logo, Scala, Scheme, ML, Alice, F#, COBOL, Hack, Fortran, Dart, Kotlin ) _____________