Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Databases on multiple forms

I need to use a database on multiple forms. Well, I put my data control down, and it does what I want it to on the first form. Here is how I did it:

Private mrstATMDatabase As Recordset

Set grstATMDatabase = datAccounts.Recordset

Dim pstrName As String

pstrName = txtUserName.Text

'Searches the database for the name

grstATMDatabase.FindFirst "Name = " & "'" & _

pstrName & "'"

It works great on the initial form, but on the later forms, I use the same syntax, and i even cut and paste the same data control. On the later forms, I always get the Object variable or With Block variable not set error. At first I thought it was syntax, but it is correct. I can't seem to figure out this problem.

Comments

• : I need to use a database on multiple forms. Well, I put my data control down, and it does what I want it to on the first form. Here is how I did it:

: Private mrstATMDatabase As Recordset

: Set grstATMDatabase = datAccounts.Recordset

:

: Dim pstrName As String

: pstrName = txtUserName.Text

:

: 'Searches the database for the name

: grstATMDatabase.FindFirst "Name = " & "'" & _

: pstrName & "'"

: It works great on the initial form, but on the later forms, I use the same syntax, and i even cut and paste the same data control. On the later forms, I always get the Object variable or With Block variable not set error. At first I thought it was syntax, but it is correct. I can't seem to figure out this problem.

I may be wrong but you may have to close the database.

grstATMDatabase.close

That may not be the prob but its worth trying i guess :)

Chris Andersen

• I think the problem might be that I was told that I could not use a golbal Recordset on multipule form, with only one datacontrol on an initial form. I am still used to programming in a more complex landuage

: I need to use a database on multiple forms. Well, I put my data control down, and it does what I want it to on the first form. Here is how I did it:

: Private mrstATMDatabase As Recordset

: Set grstATMDatabase = datAccounts.Recordset

:

: Dim pstrName As String

: pstrName = txtUserName.Text

:

: 'Searches the database for the name

: grstATMDatabase.FindFirst "Name = " & "'" & _

: pstrName & "'"

: It works great on the initial form, but on the later forms, I use the same syntax, and i even cut and paste the same data control. On the later forms, I always get the Object variable or With Block variable not set error. At first I thought it was syntax, but it is correct. I can't seem to figure out this problem.

• Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

_____ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about \ Perl, Go, Visual Basic .NET, C++, Delphi, Ruby, C#, R, C, PL/SQL, PHP, MATLAB, Objective-C, Java, Visual Basic, Swift, JavaScript, Scratch, Python, Assembly Prolog, Dart, LabVIEW, ABAP, Apex, D, Bash, Scala, Fortran, Transact-SQL, Lisp, Lua, SAS, Alice, Erlang, Julia, ML, Logo, COBOL, Ada, VBScript, Hack, Awk, Kotlin, Scheme, Rust, Crystal, FoxPro, Clojure, F# \ _