Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Blinking Shapes on Resize

arash82arash82 Member Posts: 106
Hi there,

When I create a TShape on a form and give it Align := alClient setting the shape blinks whenever a user tries to resize the form. I have these kind of problems on all kind of "paint" stuff. It is very anoying and i was wondering if there is a way around it?

Regards,
Arash

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : Hi there,
    :
    : When I create a TShape on a form and give it Align := alClient setting the shape blinks whenever a user tries to resize the form. I have these kind of problems on all kind of "paint" stuff. It is very anoying and i was wondering if there is a way around it?
    :
    : Regards,
    : Arash
    :

You can draw the shapes with your own code. This would let you double buffer the graphics so they don't flicker.
  • arash82arash82 Member Posts: 106
    How abouot Images. I use a TImage normally but unfortunately even the smallest bitmaps blink on resize. Any idea on source how to draw it on my self?

: You can draw the shapes with your own code. This would let you double buffer the graphics so they don't flicker.
    :

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

{ http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about // Go, Assembly, PL/SQL, Objective-C, Swift, JavaScript, Delphi, Java, Visual Basic, Perl, C++, C#, R, Scratch, Ruby, PHP, Visual Basic .NET, Python, MATLAB, C Rust, VBScript, D, Alice, Hack, Ada, Crystal, Lua, Apex, Bash, Kotlin, Clojure, Scala, LabVIEW, Prolog, Julia, Dart, Fortran, SAS, Transact-SQL, F#, Lisp, ML, ABAP, Erlang, FoxPro, COBOL, Awk, Logo, Scheme //