Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

16 bit executable code

sgillemsgillem Member Posts: 2
What is the difference between running 16 bit VB5.0 executable code versus 32 bit VB5.0 code. That is, how do you get 16 bit exe code versus 32 bit exe code ? If I am developing VB5 applications on windows 95, can I, once the application is developed, make it a 16 bit exe, and then run it on another computer running operating system windows 3.1 ? Will running 16 bit exe limit me in any way ?

THANKS ALOT !
Steve

Comments

• BarkeeperBarkeeper Member Posts: 335
    : What is the difference between running 16 bit VB5.0 executable code versus 32 bit VB5.0 code. That is, how do you get 16 bit exe code versus 32 bit exe code ? If I am developing VB5 applications on windows 95, can I, once the application is developed, make it a 16 bit exe, and then run it on another computer running operating system windows 3.1 ? Will running 16 bit exe limit me in any way ?
    :
    : THANKS ALOT !
    : Steve
    :
    No, you cannot. The only way to produce 16-Bit-VB-Code is using VB 4.
    In VB 4 you can use the

#if win16 then

#else

#end if

Statements.
    ------------------------------------------
    Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    the universe. A. Einstein

• phph Member Posts: 393
    koooooooooooooooooooool i did not know that
    [red]ph[/red][blue][/blue][red]t[/red]
    [red]http://fade.to/phet[/red]
    [blue]12d.hypermart.net[/blue]
    [red]toadthefreak@hotmail.com[/red]

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : : What is the difference between running 16 bit VB5.0 executable code versus 32 bit VB5.0 code. That is, how do you get 16 bit exe code versus 32 bit exe code ? If I am developing VB5 applications on windows 95, can I, once the application is developed, make it a 16 bit exe, and then run it on another computer running operating system windows 3.1 ? Will running 16 bit exe limit me in any way ?
    : :
    : : THANKS ALOT !
    : : Steve
    : :
    : No, you cannot. The only way to produce 16-Bit-VB-Code is using VB 4.
    : In VB 4 you can use the
    :
    : #if win16 then
    :
    : #else
    :
    : #end if
    :
    : Statements.
    : ------------------------------------------
    : Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    : are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    : the universe. A. Einstein
    :
    :

Works in VB5 also, I think.

Either way, the code must be compiled on a Win16 system or you won't get the Win16 code. It won't give you 16bit code though and the app will require the 32bit extension for Win16, but it will run on Win16...
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

___ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about ( Java Scratch Visual Basic .NET Assembly R Perl C++ Ruby Swift Objective-C C# MATLAB Delphi Visual Basic Python PL/SQL C JavaScript PHP Go Erlang FoxPro Julia Hack Clojure Alice Kotlin Fortran Lua Logo Crystal Apex ABAP Transact-SQL Dart LabVIEW VBScript SAS Scheme Rust D Awk F# Ada Lisp Prolog Scala ML Bash COBOL ) _