Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

reading strings

dilate02dilate02 Member Posts: 12
i have a project in which the first thing i have to do is read strings from a text file and store 1) each word 2) which lines the word occurs in and 3) how many times the word occurs in a binary search tree. i was wondering if someone could help me start with extracting the words and determining what line they occur on. thank you so much!
my email is christinebyun@hotmail.com if you don't want to post.
-christine

Comments

• tikootikoo Member Posts: 44
    : i have a project in which the first thing i have to do is read strings from a text file and store 1) each word 2) which lines the word occurs in and 3) how many times the word occurs in a binary search tree. i was wondering if someone could help me start with extracting the words and determining what line they occur on. thank you so much!
    : my email is christinebyun@hotmail.com if you don't want to post.
    : -christine
    :
    Im sure you'll know how to extract or read the strings from the file.The next thing you need to do is to check wether the word has occured before and increment its counter by one.For checking the line number check for '
    ' nad increment a line counter there.

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

{ http://forcoder.org } free video tutorials and ebooks about { Swift, JavaScript, PHP, Visual Basic .NET, Objective-C, C++, R, Scratch, Java, C, Visual Basic, Go, MATLAB, Python, Perl, C#, Assembly, Ruby, PL/SQL, Delphi Lua, Clojure, Ada, LabVIEW, Scheme, Dart, F#, Lisp, Erlang, Awk, Apex, VBScript, ABAP, FoxPro, Logo, COBOL, Julia, Alice, Scala, Rust, SAS, Hack, Crystal, Prolog, Bash, ML, Kotlin, Transact-SQL, Fortran, D } __