Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Hiding MDIChild forms

MikalTMikalT Member Posts: 2
As an MDI beginner, I haven't figured out how to "hide" an MDIChild form without the "flicker" caused by changing the FormStyle to fsNormal and then Form1.Hide. For opening an MDIChild form, Form1.Show and then changing the FormStyle to fsMDIChild seems to work. Please help...

Comments

• kurvlakurvla Member Posts: 20
    : As an MDI beginner, I haven't figured out how to "hide" an MDIChild form without the "flicker" caused by changing the FormStyle to fsNormal and then Form1.Hide. For opening an MDIChild form, Form1.Show and then changing the FormStyle to fsMDIChild seems to work. Please help...
    :
    :
    : there is no way to hide a MDI child form, you'll have to destroy it,
    sorry for the bad news. Maybe I'm wrong and if you find a way give me a hint.

• MikalTMikalT Member Posts: 2
    What I've had to do to open my form is...

Form1.FormStyle := fsMDIChild;
    Form1.WindowState := wsNormal;
    Form1.Visible := True;

and to close...

Form1.WindowState := wsMinimized;
    Form1.FormStyle := fsNormal;
    Form1.Visible := False;

Note that changing the WindowState prevents the "flicker" caused from changing the FormStyle... this is a roundabout way of opening and closing MDIChildren. If anyone has a more gracious method, please share it with us. Thanks...

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_______ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about ( C++ Delphi Perl C JavaScript Java Python Visual Basic .NET PHP Ruby R Assembly C# Go Swift MATLAB Objective-C PL/SQL Scratch Visual Basic VBScript Julia Hack D Transact-SQL Erlang Crystal Alice Apex Prolog COBOL Lisp ABAP Kotlin LabVIEW Rust FoxPro F# Fortran Clojure Dart Awk ML Logo Bash Scheme SAS Scala Lua Ada ) __________