Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

keep track of LOGIN AND LOGOUT status of each user

Hi all

I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?

in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
1. when a user login and when logout
2. on which system
3. on which date

if any body have the solution, Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

rajeev

Comments

• DarQDarQ Member Posts: 1,625
    you need a client and server program for this.

client features:
    -load on start up
    --loop this:
    - Transmit it's status by using winsocket

server features:
    -listen to port n
    -process incoming data

you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.

TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.

UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.

: Hi all
    :
    : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    :
    : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : 2. on which system
    : 3. on which date
    :
    : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    : rajeev
    :

[HR]
    [GREEN]
    roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    especially for in your kitchen.
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

• GenjuroGenjuro Member Posts: 913
    : you need a client and server program for this.
    :
    : client features:
    : -load on start up
    : --loop this:
    : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    :
    : server features:
    : -listen to port n
    : -process incoming data
    :
    : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    :
    : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    :
    : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    :
    : : Hi all
    : :
    : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : 2. on which system
    : : 3. on which date
    : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : rajeev
    :
    : [HR]
    : [GREEN]
    : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : especially for in your kitchen.
    : [/GREEN]
    : [PURPLE]
    : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : [/PURPLE]
    :
    :

Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    I really can't see the point for your idea.
    Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?

: : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : client features:
    : : -load on start up
    : : --loop this:
    : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : server features:
    : : -listen to port n
    : : -process incoming data
    : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : Hi all
    : : :
    : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : 2. on which system
    : : : 3. on which date
    : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : rajeev
    : : [HR]
    : : [GREEN]
    : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : [/GREEN]
    : : [PURPLE]
    : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : [/PURPLE]
    :
    : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    :

[HR]
    [GREEN]
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

: Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?

Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*

:
    : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : client features:
    : : : -load on start up
    : : : --loop this:
    : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : server features:
    : : : -listen to port n
    : : : -process incoming data
    : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : Hi all
    : : : :
    : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : rajeev
    : : : [HR]
    : : : [GREEN]
    : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    :
    :
    :

not interested in shit included with windows made by microshit. instead of using standard winshit like winlogon and winnetworks i against my principles. Prefer to use alternative methods like the 1 below...

: : Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?
    :
    : Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    : Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*
    :
    : : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : : client features:
    : : : : -load on start up
    : : : : --loop this:
    : : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : : server features:
    : : : : -listen to port n
    : : : : -process incoming data
    : : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : : Hi all
    : : : : :
    : : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : : rajeev
    : : : : [HR]
    : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    :
    :

[HR]
    [GREEN]
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

[b][red]This message was edited by Genjuro at 2002-10-18 3:26:41[/red][/b][hr]
    (Messed up, sorry)

[b][red]This message was edited by Genjuro at 2002-10-18 3:33:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : : not interested in shit included with windows made by microshit. instead of using standard winshit like winlogon and winnetworks i against my principles. Prefer to use alternative methods like the 1 below...

[blue]
    Calm down a bit. Tension can deal bad damage to nerves.

Well then, take asm courses and write your own OS, if you're so dissatisfied with Windows.
    And, anyway, it may be a 'principle' that blah blah you wrote over there, but I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that, "shitty" as it may be, you are still using Windows, and VB.
    Or I'm wrong?

And, I wonder, how much can you say about Windows architecture to criticize it like that?

So, either you can do better than MS and prove it, or you'd better shut up - you'd be saying nonsense, talking about things you don't know, and it's not such a great idea - IMO, of course.

BTW, I didn't fully read your reply - it was too long and needlessly complicated - but TCP/IP is connectionless, so you can't know when users disconnect, unless you continually send packets over the network.
    And, the result would be a slowed network, for lots of work. I don't think it's that a great idea, but everyone has its own opinions.
    Personally, I think it's smarter to ask the OS to notify you of that - the OS knows all of these infos anyway.

[/blue]

: : : : Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?
    : : : Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    : : : Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*
    : : : : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : client features:
    : : : : : : -load on start up
    : : : : : : --loop this:
    : : : : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : : : : server features:
    : : : : : : -listen to port n
    : : : : : : -process incoming data
    : : : : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : : : : Hi all
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : : : : rajeev
    : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : : : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    :
    :

There is no need for me to take ASM courses. I grew up by coding ASM and learned it within 2 months when i still was a little kid! So no points for you there at all!

Computers do not need to crash when used by the end-user. Only during development ASM programs are allowed to crash!

And yes, I use windows because i am forced to use it. Don't ask why i am forced because everyone is forced in some way. No matter what software they use. I also run Linux next to the Windows laptop right now and i got no complaints about the Linux kernel architecture. The graphics linux shells are sometimes a bit unstable but that's all.

And yes, i would love to code a good OS like many young beginning programmers. But i face reallity and that means it will take years t complete and then it will never be launched because it's already outdated.

The only point you got was assuming that i use Windows. The rest was crap to me and rather pointless...

Do you respect Microsoft and Windows? Ha! I wouldn't be suprised because your post sounded like you're defending MS garbage. Perhaps I should invite infidel, the ultimate MS hater, to the topic and for some extra assitance for my point of view, because we share the same hatred.

: : : not interested in shit included with windows made by microshit. instead of using standard winshit like winlogon and winnetworks i against my principles. Prefer to use alternative methods like the 1 below...
    :
    : [blue]
    : Well then, take asm courses and write your own OS, if you're so dissatisfied with Windows.
    : And, anyway, it may be a 'principle' that blah blah you wrote over there, but I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that, "shitty" as it may be, you are still using Windows, and VB.
    : Or I'm wrong?
    :
    : And, I wonder, how much can you say about Windows architecture to criticize it like that?
    :
    : So, either you can do better than MS and prove it, or you'd better shut up - you'd be saying nonsense, talking about things you don't know, and it's not such a great idea - IMO, of course.
    :
    : [/blue]
    :
    : : : : : Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?
    : : : : Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    : : : : Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*
    : : : : : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : : : : : client features:
    : : : : : : : -load on start up
    : : : : : : : --loop this:
    : : : : : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : : : : : server features:
    : : : : : : : -listen to port n
    : : : : : : : -process incoming data
    : : : : : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : : : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : : : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : : : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : : : : : Hi all
    : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : : : : : rajeev
    : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : : : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : : : : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : [GREEN]
    : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : [/PURPLE]
    :
    :

[HR]
    [GREEN]
    [/GREEN]
    [HR]
    [PURPLE]
    [/PURPLE]
    [HR]

[blue]
    You still haven't proved anything.
    By 'proved' I mean I saw nothing but words.
    [/blue]

: There is no need for me to take ASM courses. I grew up by coding ASM and learned it within 2 months when i still was a little kid! So no points for you there at all!
    :
    : Computers do not need to crash when used by the end-user. Only during development ASM programs are allowed to crash!
    :
    : And yes, I use windows because i am forced to use it. Don't ask why i am forced because everyone is forced in some way. No matter what software they use. I also run Linux next to the Windows laptop right now and i got no complaints about the Linux kernel architecture. The graphics linux shells are sometimes a bit unstable but that's all.
    :
    : And yes, i would love to code a good OS like many young beginning programmers. But i face reallity and that means it will take years t complete and then it will never be launched because it's already outdated.
    :
    : The only point you got was assuming that i use Windows. The rest was crap to me and rather pointless...
    :
    : Do you respect Microsoft and Windows? Ha! I wouldn't be suprised because your post sounded like you're defending MS garbage. Perhaps I should invite infidel, the ultimate MS hater, to the topic and for some extra assitance for my point of view, because we share the same hatred.
    :
    :
    : : : : not interested in shit included with windows made by microshit. instead of using standard winshit like winlogon and winnetworks i against my principles. Prefer to use alternative methods like the 1 below...
    : : [blue]
    : : Well then, take asm courses and write your own OS, if you're so dissatisfied with Windows.
    : : And, anyway, it may be a 'principle' that blah blah you wrote over there, but I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that, "shitty" as it may be, you are still using Windows, and VB.
    : : Or I'm wrong?
    : : And, I wonder, how much can you say about Windows architecture to criticize it like that?
    : : So, either you can do better than MS and prove it, or you'd better shut up - you'd be saying nonsense, talking about things you don't know, and it's not such a great idea - IMO, of course.
    : : [/blue]
    : : : : : : Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?
    : : : : : Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    : : : : : Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*
    : : : : : : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : : : : : : client features:
    : : : : : : : : -load on start up
    : : : : : : : : --loop this:
    : : : : : : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : : : : : : server features:
    : : : : : : : : -listen to port n
    : : : : : : : : -process incoming data
    : : : : : : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : : : : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : : : : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : : : : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : : : : : : Hi all
    : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : : : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : : : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : : : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : : : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : : : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : : : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : : : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : : : : : : rajeev
    : : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : : : : : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    :
    :
    :

What more do you need of prove??? What needs to be proved ?? I assume you want me to get upset don't you? hmm

: [blue]
    : You still haven't proved anything.
    : By 'proved' I mean I saw nothing but words.
    : [/blue]
    :
    : : There is no need for me to take ASM courses. I grew up by coding ASM and learned it within 2 months when i still was a little kid! So no points for you there at all!
    : : Computers do not need to crash when used by the end-user. Only during development ASM programs are allowed to crash!
    : : And yes, I use windows because i am forced to use it. Don't ask why i am forced because everyone is forced in some way. No matter what software they use. I also run Linux next to the Windows laptop right now and i got no complaints about the Linux kernel architecture. The graphics linux shells are sometimes a bit unstable but that's all.
    : : And yes, i would love to code a good OS like many young beginning programmers. But i face reallity and that means it will take years t complete and then it will never be launched because it's already outdated.
    : : The only point you got was assuming that i use Windows. The rest was crap to me and rather pointless...
    : : Do you respect Microsoft and Windows? Ha! I wouldn't be suprised because your post sounded like you're defending MS garbage. Perhaps I should invite infidel, the ultimate MS hater, to the topic and for some extra assitance for my point of view, because we share the same hatred.
    : : : : : not interested in shit included with windows made by microshit. instead of using standard winshit like winlogon and winnetworks i against my principles. Prefer to use alternative methods like the 1 below...
    : : : [blue]
    : : : Well then, take asm courses and write your own OS, if you're so dissatisfied with Windows.
    : : : And, anyway, it may be a 'principle' that blah blah you wrote over there, but I'm going to take a wild guess and imagine that, "shitty" as it may be, you are still using Windows, and VB.
    : : : Or I'm wrong?
    : : : And, I wonder, how much can you say about Windows architecture to criticize it like that?
    : : : So, either you can do better than MS and prove it, or you'd better shut up - you'd be saying nonsense, talking about things you don't know, and it's not such a great idea - IMO, of course.
    : : : [/blue]
    : : : : : : : Never heard of WinLogon... So that's why... Can't blaim me for this.?
    : : : : : : Ever logged to a Windows Network? Well, that's Winlogon.
    : : : : : : Along with a quite complete set of APIs, including a buggy one that allows you to become domain administrator from a non-amministrative accout *LOL*
    : : : : : : : : : you need a client and server program for this.
    : : : : : : : : : client features:
    : : : : : : : : : -load on start up
    : : : : : : : : : --loop this:
    : : : : : : : : : - Transmit it's status by using winsocket
    : : : : : : : : : server features:
    : : : : : : : : : -listen to port n
    : : : : : : : : : -process incoming data
    : : : : : : : : : you can choose for UDP or TCP. Both are possible but completly different in approach.
    : : : : : : : : : TCP: Requires connection. After client boot, connect to server with socket and send computer information such as ID in network. At the server you can proces it very simple. When client 5 logs on and connects to the server, just detect the connection_request and connect and take a timestamp. When the connection fails, the user has logged out.
    : : : : : : : : : Detecting connecton status with socket can be done with events. Read MSDN for winsock info.
    : : : : : : : : : UDP: nah, while i typed the piece for TCP, i realize that using TCP in this context is simpler.
    : : : : : : : : : : Hi all
    : : : : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : : : : I have the following Problem. Can any body help me ?
    : : : : : : : : : : in a network, there are 8 workstation is connected with one server (NT server or windows 98 server).
    : : : : : : : : : : I want to develop a programme in visual basic which will keep the status of each user information means
    : : : : : : : : : : 1. when a user login and when logout
    : : : : : : : : : : 2. on which system
    : : : : : : : : : : 3. on which date
    : : : : : : : : : : if any body have the solution, Please let me know.
    : : : : : : : : : : Thanks in advance
    : : : : : : : : : : rajeev
    : : : : : : : : : [HR]
    : : : : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : : Isn't WinLogon enough for this?????
    : : : : : : : : I really can't see the point for your idea.
    : : : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : : : [/PURPLE]
    : : : : : [GREEN]
    : : : : : roodgebefteblauwebreedbeeldbekbaviaan
    : : : : : especially for in your kitchen.
    : : : : : [/GREEN]
    : : : : : [PURPLE]
    : : : : : http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/boardinfo.asp?BoardID=455
    : : : : : [/PURPLE]