Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

COPY-PASTE Text Program-Please HELP!!

Hello all of you geniuses out there. I need a bit of help|advice. I want to create a program that has 2 buttons. A COPY and a PASTE button. Just for text. It will sit on top of all other programs. All I need it to do is be a "hot key" for the CTRL.C|CTRL.V-only in a 2 button format. I want to be able to select text in a web page...or text file...hit the small COPY button...go into my program and hit the PASTE button. Just that easy. I am developing carpal tunnel and my wrist really hurts after being on the computer for 8-10 hours a day. I want to avoid any right clicking. And I want to avoid having to use 2 hands and the keyboard. If anyone could help me, I would be really thankful. I am using XP. Thanks in advance. I really hope someone can help.

Chad

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : Hello all of you geniuses out there. I need a bit of help|advice. I want to create a program that has 2 buttons. A COPY and a PASTE button. Just for text. It will sit on top of all other programs. All I need it to do is be a "hot key" for the CTRL.C|CTRL.V-only in a 2 button format. I want to be able to select text in a web page...or text file...hit the small COPY button...go into my program and hit the PASTE button. Just that easy. I am developing carpal tunnel and my wrist really hurts after being on the computer for 8-10 hours a day. I want to avoid any right clicking. And I want to avoid having to use 2 hands and the keyboard. If anyone could help me, I would be really thankful. I am using XP. Thanks in advance. I really hope someone can help.

I'm not sure this is technically possible. Once you click on your window with two buttons, it will have focus, so any copy or paste command issued will send a message to that window. You could possibly search through the window handles for one that is just below yours in the z-order, but I don't know how easy or effective that would be. Since multiple windows can and often do have selected text at the same time, you couldn't rely on that for searching the windows.

My suggestion is to get an ergonomic keyboard and/or take frequent breaks from typing. Also, I seem to recall that carpal tunnel affects your thumb and first two fingers as the ligaments in your wrist constrict the nerves running through them. Perhaps you have something other than CT?
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

____ || http://forcoder.org || free ebooks and video tutorials about [ Python Go JavaScript C Ruby Scratch C++ MATLAB R Assembly Swift Perl Visual Basic Delphi Visual Basic .NET PL/SQL Objective-C C# PHP Java Julia Clojure LabVIEW Rust Fortran Logo Prolog Lisp Awk Lua Crystal Scala Apex Kotlin FoxPro Dart VBScript ABAP Hack Transact-SQL COBOL Erlang SAS ML F# Alice Ada Scheme Bash D ] _________