Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

D4 to D5 TFieldMap Change

I'm trying to upgrade some code from Delphi 4 to Delphi 5. The code that worked in delphi 4 was

Parser := TExprParser.Create(CursorTable, Expression, [], [], '', nil);

It doesn't work in D5 because the Create funciton has a seventh parameter of TFieldMap. I'm not sure what i should pass in the last parameter in order to make it work in D5. I'm guessing that i'll just pass a null value like the previous parameters, but i can't find the right sytax of a varible to pass into that section. Thanks for any suggestions

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I'm trying to upgrade some code from Delphi 4 to Delphi 5. The code that worked in delphi 4 was
    :
    : Parser := TExprParser.Create(CursorTable, Expression, [], [], '', nil);
    :
    : It doesn't work in D5 because the Create funciton has a seventh parameter of TFieldMap. I'm not sure what i should pass in the last parameter in order to make it work in D5. I'm guessing that i'll just pass a null value like the previous parameters, but i can't find the right sytax of a varible to pass into that section. Thanks for any suggestions
    :
    :
    The TFieldMap is available in the help files. I think you can savely set it to "FieldTypeMap" and try your code to see if it does what you want it to do. In the D5-source codes I only found the FieldTypeMap passed to the Create() method.
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_____ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about | Swift C++ Objective-C C PHP Ruby Delphi Visual Basic Python PL/SQL Scratch Java C# Visual Basic .NET Go R Assembly Perl MATLAB JavaScript Julia Lisp Transact-SQL ABAP Prolog FoxPro VBScript Kotlin Hack Apex Lua ML Scheme Ada F# Fortran SAS Scala LabVIEW COBOL Logo D Dart Clojure Crystal Bash Alice Rust Awk Erlang | ______