Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MySQL with ASP

I'm just a beginner in web programming and I've only done the basics and was wondering if there was a site that explained or had some examples of code that used a MySQL database instead of an Access. My current host only supports MySQL because it is Linux based. If somebody could help me that would be great. Thanks!

~jatses~
www.jatses.com

Comments

• marcoskn1marcoskn1 Member Posts: 61
    : I'm just a beginner in web programming and I've only done the basics and was wondering if there was a site that explained or had some examples of code that used a MySQL database instead of an Access. My current host only supports MySQL because it is Linux based. If somebody could help me that would be great. Thanks!
    :
    : ~jatses~
    : www.jatses.com
    :

Hello,
    I use ASP with mySQL in my site. In my server, the command is like:

Set connection=Server.Createobject("Adodb.Connection")
    connection.open "driver={MySQL};server=localhost;uid=login;pwd=password;database=database"

I hope I had helped you

Marcos
    www.casa.cifras.nom.br

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_______ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about // Java, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Python, C#, Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic, Perl, R, PHP, Objective-C, C, Assembly, Delphi, C++, Ruby, Swift, Scratch, JavaScript, Go Kotlin, ML, Crystal, COBOL, D, ABAP, Julia, F#, FoxPro, Lua, Scala, Alice, SAS, Fortran, Awk, Dart, Hack, Prolog, Ada, Logo, Scheme, VBScript, LabVIEW, Apex, Lisp, Erlang, Bash, Clojure, Rust, Transact-SQL // _