Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

my mate reg

Hadji_13Hadji_13 Member Posts: 274
Hi

I want to view the registry in QB

HOW???

I mearly want to read keys, values and those folder things. And check if things exist.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hadji
----------------------------------------------------
The solution to the problem changes the problem

Comments

• KDivad LeahcimKDivad Leahcim Member Posts: 3,948
    : Hi
    :
    : I want to view the registry in QB
    :
    : HOW???
    :
    : I mearly want to read keys, values and those folder things. And check if things exist.
    :
    : Any ideas?
    :
    : Cheers
    :
    : Hadji
    : ----------------------------------------------------
    : The solution to the problem changes the problem
    :

If all you want to do is read, then check out www.wotsit.org for the format of the registry files.

Keep in mind that there are a minimum of two files that make up the registry (this is for Win9x, I don't know about others). One is system.dat and is the main file. The other is user.dat and there is one for each [italic]seperate[/italic] profile on the system. You can find them by reading the appropriate keys in system.dat. Can't remember exactly where, but search for "profile path" or "profilepath" and that should turn them up...

Writing is possible as well, but you can probably only do so if windows isn't running.
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ // http://forcoder.org // free video tutorials and ebooks about | Visual Basic .NET Perl JavaScript R Delphi Scratch PHP Assembly C C# C++ Java Go Ruby Python Objective-C MATLAB Visual Basic Swift PL/SQL Hack LabVIEW Erlang ABAP Clojure Lua F# Fortran Apex Julia Transact-SQL Ada D Rust FoxPro Alice ML VBScript Scala Dart Scheme Logo Lisp Awk Prolog Bash COBOL Kotlin Crystal SAS | _______