Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Resource File Format - Not *.rc, I want the *.res format

jasonpsagejasonpsage Member Posts: 37
Does anyone know it or where to get a file definition of it?

Comments

• Mr. EgoMr. Ego Member Posts: 38
    I don't understand, what do you mean exactly. If you want to create *.res files from *.rc files you must get the resource compiler, e.g. windres32 (freeware). Bye

• jasonpsagejasonpsage Member Posts: 37
    All Set - Thanks - I was sent to a really cool website with all kinds of file formats. I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to write it - still working on GUI stuff (Win32 API) - But I'm almost ready. When I am I'll be certain - *.RC or *.RES - That is the question - make a text output locked in to a certain *.rc compiler or create the thing specific to what I'm doing. Not Sure yet - Gotta look at the file format
    in detail to decide. Well Thank you.

: I don't understand, what do you mean exactly. If you want to create *.res files from *.rc files you must get the resource compiler, e.g. windres32 (freeware). Bye

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

______ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about || Visual Basic, MATLAB, C#, R, Ruby, PHP, Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, Java, JavaScript, C, PL/SQL, Go, Swift, C++, Perl, Delphi, Scratch, Python, Objective-C Lua, Crystal, Scheme, Prolog, COBOL, Rust, Apex, VBScript, Fortran, Clojure, ABAP, Erlang, Lisp, ML, Scala, Kotlin, Transact-SQL, Julia, Hack, Dart, Ada, FoxPro, Bash, LabVIEW, D, SAS, F#, Awk, Alice, Logo || ____________