Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Process not terminating when program exits

I have a program that after i click my exit button and close the form the program exits but the process is still running in the background. It almost seems that after closing the form it isn't going through all of my destructors to free the things that i created. Any suggestions?

Comments

• NecroDOMENecroDOME Member Posts: 28
    : I have a program that after i click my exit button and close the form the program exits but the process is still running in the background. It almost seems that after closing the form it isn't going through all of my destructors to free the things that i created. Any suggestions?
    :
    :
    :
    Try Application.Terminate;
  • uchetfielduchetfield Member Posts: 10
    : : I have a program that after i click my exit button and close the form the program exits but the process is still running in the background. It almost seems that after closing the form it isn't going through all of my destructors to free the things that i created. Any suggestions?
    : :
    : Try Application.Terminate;
    :
    Application.Terminate doesn't work either. The program doesn't show up in the task manager under applications, it only shows up under processes
  • Mark StrijbosMark Strijbos Member Posts: 82

: Application.Terminate doesn't work either. The program doesn't show up in the task manager under applications, it only shows up under processes
    :
    did you create any threads?

• kurvlakurvla Member Posts: 20
    :
    : : Application.Terminate doesn't work either. The program doesn't show up in the task manager under applications, it only shows up under processes
    : did you create any threads?
    :
    :
    :
    : hm, the slow way is to debug your application until you find something wrong. This is somehow tricky and almost imposible ifyou don't have an enterprise edition with full source codes. The fast and easy is to call ExitProcess() an Win32 api call, there is also a function to get the current process handle. This way no destructor will be ever called, but hey the system will (should:)) free all memory and close all files.

• uchetfielduchetfield Member Posts: 10
    : : : Application.Terminate doesn't work either. The program doesn't show up in the task manager under applications, it only shows up under processes
    : : :
    : : did you create any threads?
    : : hm, the slow way is to debug your application until you find something wrong. This is somehow tricky and almost imposible ifyou don't have an enterprise edition with full source codes. The fast and easy is to call ExitProcess() an Win32 api call, there is also a function to get the current process handle. This way no destructor will be ever called, but hey the system will (should:)) free all memory and close all files.
    :
    :
    Thanks, the Win32 api call worked for some reason when the other commands didn't. Thanks
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about // R Python Assembly Visual Basic .NET PHP Visual Basic PL/SQL C# Go MATLAB Scratch C++ Objective-C Java Perl Ruby Swift Delphi C JavaScript Scheme COBOL ABAP Lisp Awk Fortran Rust D Scala Clojure FoxPro Apex VBScript Kotlin Dart Julia Erlang SAS Alice Lua ML F# Hack Logo LabVIEW Ada Bash Crystal Transact-SQL Prolog // ________