Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to reduce the Booting Time of windows XP?

rakkirakki Member Posts: 19
I have Athlon XP 1900+ with 256 MB DDR-RAM ASUS motherboard.It takes a lot of time to boot Windows XP.It takes around 30 seconds to see the login screen.How to minimize the booting time....?please do reply to this...rakki_indian@yahoo.com...
bye...

Comments

• PrzemekG_PrzemekG_ Member Posts: 595
    [b][red]This message was edited by PrzemekG_ at 2002-10-14 10:44:51[/red][/b][hr]
    Comparing XP to all other OSes I must say that whatever CPU you have, it will be the slowest booting you've ever seen, ofcourse just after you install it because extra softwares, drivers and other will slow it.

• BajanineBajanine Member Posts: 12
    : [b][red]This message was edited by PrzemekG_ at 2002-10-14 10:44:51[/red][/b][hr]
    : Comparing XP to all other OSes I must say that whatever CPU you have, it will be the slowest booting you've ever seen, ofcourse just after you install it because extra softwares, drivers and other will slow it.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Shut down unnecessary services.
  • Edgyr51Edgyr51 Member Posts: 25
    [b][red]This message was edited by Edgyr51 at 2003-10-18 20:11:6[/red][/b][hr]
    Also, look in MSCONFIG.EXE if there is unnecessary app loading at startup.

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

____ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about { Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, JavaScript, Java, Swift, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Python, PHP, Perl, Objective-C, C, Ruby, Visual Basic, Delphi, R, Scratch, Go, C#, C++ Logo, SAS, Awk, FoxPro, LabVIEW, Prolog, Lua, Bash, D, Hack, Julia, Clojure, Alice, Dart, Fortran, Scheme, Erlang, Transact-SQL, Crystal, Ada, Lisp, ABAP, COBOL, Scala, VBScript, Rust, Apex, ML, Kotlin, F# } _