Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Kylix: open 3 or Pro 2

I have the chance to get the Professional boxed Kylix for under $90, which is MUCH less that the original list. I'm wondering if anyone knows what changed from 2 to 3, and whether the added features of Pro might outweigh those changes. I'm just getting into Delphi/Kylix, so I'm not entirely sure what is missing from the open version.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

brento73

Comments

• ManningManning Member Posts: 1,621
    : I have the chance to get the Professional boxed Kylix for under $90, which is MUCH less that the original list. I'm wondering if anyone knows what changed from 2 to 3, and whether the added features of Pro might outweigh those changes. I'm just getting into Delphi/Kylix, so I'm not entirely sure what is missing from the open version.

I dont know a whole lot about Kylix. What I do know is that if you use the open edition, you MUST create GPL applications, and they will have a built in "nag" message (not really a nag, just a notice saying that the app should be GPL).

I would imagine the open edition also ships with less components than the pro version, but I dont know that for a fact. If you are just starting out, they are probably advanced components you wouldnt miss anyway.

www.borland.com will be able to give definitive answers. They have feature lists that show what each version has and doesnt have.
  • Andre YoungAndre Young USAMember Posts: 0

______ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about ( Visual Basic .NET, MATLAB, Python, Assembly, Delphi, C, Scratch, PL/SQL, PHP, Go, C#, Java, Ruby, Objective-C, R, C++, JavaScript, Swift, Perl, Visual Basic ML, Ada, Logo, COBOL, Dart, Prolog, Crystal, Fortran, FoxPro, Clojure, D, Julia, Alice, Hack, Rust, Awk, Kotlin, Lua, LabVIEW, Scheme, ABAP, Apex, F#, SAS, Erlang, Scala, Lisp, Bash, Transact-SQL, VBScript ) ______________