Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help w/CDaoDatabase

jlechemjlechem Member Posts: 28
Hello!

I am working on a project for school and am work so I can't test this in Visual Studio like I want too. Let me start with the situation.
I am adding, deleting, etc, data from an Microsoft Data Base. You know MS Access. I have created a CDaoDatabase object and what I need to know is can I use the UPDATE SQL command in the execute function?

I read on MSDN that any SQL commands that return some kind of validation result will cause an exception to be thrown? Does anyone know if the Update command will cause this exception to happen?

Any help would be appreciated?

PS. When it comes to deleting rows, what would be better, SQL or using a CDaoTableDef object? Performance is somewhat of an issue.

Comments

• Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_________ [ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about { Objective-C, R, Visual Basic .NET, Swift, MATLAB, Java, Assembly, PL/SQL, Python, Visual Basic, JavaScript, Ruby, Perl, C#, Go, Scratch, Delphi, C++, C, PHP Awk, Julia, Bash, Lisp, Scheme, Erlang, ABAP, Transact-SQL, Fortran, Dart, ML, Rust, Alice, Hack, FoxPro, D, Kotlin, Lua, Apex, Prolog, Crystal, Ada, Clojure, F#, Scala, LabVIEW, VBScript, SAS, COBOL, Logo } ____