Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

need asp and dll help

I have to use a VB.DLL to print, email, and fax from, by passing values to it from an .asp page. How can I pass the email address, fax number values to the VB.dll? I have an .asp form that a user can enter the email address, fax number and have an print option on it. If the users hit the email button I want to call the email function, fax button and be able to do both by hitting the fax/email button, etc.

I'm new in using VB.dll from and .asp page so any help would be great.

thanks

Comments

• gigsvoogigsvoo Member Posts: 328
    : I have to use a VB.DLL to print, email, and fax from, by passing values to it from an .asp page. How can I pass the email address, fax number values to the VB.dll? I have an .asp form that a user can enter the email address, fax number and have an print option on it. If the users hit the email button I want to call the email function, fax button and be able to do both by hitting the fax/email button, etc.
    :
    : I'm new in using VB.dll from and .asp page so any help would be great.
    :
    : thanks
    :
    :
    :

First thing you need to register the DLL as ActiveX DLL into the IIS server. Then you need to include it into your ASP project, either make entry at global.asa for CLSID or include using MS InterDev -> Project Reference.

Call the method by create an instance and pass in parameters.

[size=2]Neo Gigs[/size]
    [color=blue]http://communities.msn.com.my/VisualBasicwithNeo[/color]

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_____ / http://forcoder.org / free video tutorials and ebooks about < MATLAB Swift R PHP Ruby Objective-C Visual Basic .NET Perl C JavaScript C# Visual Basic Java Scratch Delphi C++ Assembly Go Python PL/SQL Lua Rust Crystal Scala VBScript Scheme Awk ABAP Alice Fortran SAS Apex Hack F# D Lisp Julia Logo Clojure Dart Transact-SQL ML Bash Prolog Kotlin FoxPro COBOL LabVIEW Ada Erlang /> ____________