Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

messageboard FAQ

eikedehlingeikedehling Member Posts: 123
has anyone ever started to make a collection of frequently questoins on this messgae board?

- there are several 'what is hte best assembler' threads all the time.
- list of usefull tutorals/links
- frequently used assignments of teachers :-)

SUSE LINUX 7.3 PRO - The world starts behind windows

Comments

• blipblip Member Posts: 756
    Would you want me to put a FAQ below the rules section?
  • eikedehlingeikedehling Member Posts: 123
    : Would you want me to put a FAQ below the rules section?

I was thinking of some place where everyone who looks at the messageboard HAS to look at before posting. So e.g. put a link just at the top of the messageboard, above ALL the messages ... What i was thinking, was that some (type of) questions is asked all the time, and they could be answerd much faster if people just looked at the FA-questions ... Below the rules section would not really get the attention of someone with a question. But a link to the FAQ below the rules (and/or at the top of the board) would certainly be a good start!

• blipblip Member Posts: 756
    I'm not the webmaster, just the moderator, so I can't really do much more than move/delete messages/threads and edit the messageboard's intro (which includes the rules and they are also at the bottom of the posting page). One thing I could do without bugging the webmaster would be to start a FAQ thread and try to keep it at the top (by creating and deleting a message whenever needed ;-)).
  • eikedehlingeikedehling Member Posts: 123
    : I'm not the webmaster, just the moderator, so I can't really do much more than move/delete messages/threads and edit the messageboard's intro (which includes the rules and they are also at the bottom of the posting page). One thing I could do without bugging the webmaster would be to start a FAQ thread and try to keep it at the top (by creating and deleting a message whenever needed ;-)).
    :

That sounds like a good idea! It is definitely better for those who have 'newbie ->>> PLEASE HELP' questions, cause they can easily find answers to problems that occur on often-used assignments. And the more complex questions would also be better off: they get more attention ...

Eike.

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

< http://forcoder.org /> free ebooks and video tutorials about \ Swift, Objective-C, Perl, PL/SQL, Java, Delphi, Ruby, Visual Basic, Scratch, C#, C, JavaScript, Go, Assembly, MATLAB, C++, Python, Visual Basic .NET, PHP, R Crystal, Scala, VBScript, Lisp, Rust, Julia, Ada, ABAP, Fortran, Bash, Kotlin, Hack, F#, SAS, Scheme, FoxPro, Awk, ML, COBOL, D, Clojure, Dart, Transact-SQL, Logo, Prolog, Erlang, Lua, Alice, LabVIEW, Apex \ _____