Question about Session On_End event. - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Question about Session On_End event.

hello,
i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks

Question:
---------
1)When a Session On_End event occur?
2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?

Thank You!!

Comments

• Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Posts: 89Member
    Hi, at least in NT4/IIS4 the event Session_OnEnd does not work, this is a bug they did not fix for some reason. I don't know if it works under Windows 2000.
    /Chris

: hello,
    : i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks
    :
    : Question:
    : ---------
    : 1)When a Session On_End event occur?
    : 2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
    : 3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?
    :
    : Thank You!!
    :

• alexzhenalexzhen Posts: 13Member
    : hello,
    : i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks
    :
    : Question:
    : ---------
    : 1)When a Session On_End event occur?
    : 2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
    : 3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?
    :
    : Thank You!!
    :

1) the session on_end occur when the session timeout and call abandon method.
    2) no, it will not triger session_onEnd because their no connection between the function that close the browser and server.
    3) you must call an event on the client side to trigger a page on the server. (window.unload)
  • gkbgkb Posts: 4Member
    Thank for you all for reply me. and sorry for late to respond on your help.(bcoz i take holidays...:P )
    Thanks for your time! Very much appreciated!

But here i just found out i cant end my application when i write a chat-room program using asp.
    How to close the application and trigger application_onend? is it must wait for 20 minits again?
    thanks!!
  • Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Posts: 89Member
    application_onstart is triggered when the host server is rebooted, or rather when the webserver itself is restarted.

Subsequently application_onend would be triggered when the webserver shuts down.