Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Question about Session On_End event.

hello,
i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks

Question:
---------
1)When a Session On_End event occur?
2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?

Thank You!!

Comments

• Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Posts: 89Member
    Hi, at least in NT4/IIS4 the event Session_OnEnd does not work, this is a bug they did not fix for some reason. I don't know if it works under Windows 2000.
    /Chris

: hello,
    : i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks
    :
    : Question:
    : ---------
    : 1)When a Session On_End event occur?
    : 2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
    : 3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?
    :
    : Thank You!!
    :

• alexzhenalexzhen Posts: 13Member
    : hello,
    : i have some problem deal with Session_OnEnd event.pls help me.Thanks
    :
    : Question:
    : ---------
    : 1)When a Session On_End event occur?
    : 2)When a user press [x] button or File->Close ,will the Session_OnEnd triger?
    : 3)Can i write the codes that delete Application array content inside this event?
    :
    : Thank You!!
    :

1) the session on_end occur when the session timeout and call abandon method.
    2) no, it will not triger session_onEnd because their no connection between the function that close the browser and server.
    3) you must call an event on the client side to trigger a page on the server. (window.unload)
  • gkbgkb Posts: 4Member
    Thank for you all for reply me. and sorry for late to respond on your help.(bcoz i take holidays...:P )
    Thanks for your time! Very much appreciated!

But here i just found out i cant end my application when i write a chat-room program using asp.
    How to close the application and trigger application_onend? is it must wait for 20 minits again?
    thanks!!
  • Anjuna MoonAnjuna Moon Posts: 89Member
    application_onstart is triggered when the host server is rebooted, or rather when the webserver itself is restarted.

Subsequently application_onend would be triggered when the webserver shuts down.