Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

moving mouse pointer?

I have an odd error on my windows installation that turns off the signal to the monitor after 15 mins inactivity (no, all energy saving & screensaving functions are off). Signal also cant be brought back why I need a temporarily solution for keeping comp "alive".

I know there are some moving mouse pointer progs avaiable but none of them work if watching movies at the same time when pointer wonders off to the centre of the screen.

So what I want to know is:

Is there a simple way of moving the mouse pointer say 30 pixels left then 30 pixels right every 15 secs.

How is it implemented?

thanks!

/Matt

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : I have an odd error on my windows installation that turns off the signal to the monitor after 15 mins inactivity (no, all energy saving & screensaving functions are off). Signal also cant be brought back why I need a temporarily solution for keeping comp "alive".
    :
    : I know there are some moving mouse pointer progs avaiable but none of them work if watching movies at the same time when pointer wonders off to the centre of the screen.
    :
    : So what I want to know is:
    :
    : Is there a simple way of moving the mouse pointer say 30 pixels left then 30 pixels right every 15 secs.
    :
    : How is it implemented?
    :
    :
    : thanks!
    :
    : /Matt
    :
    The following code uses a timer component. Test it out.

Here is some code for you:
    [code]
    [b]var[/b] // global variables section
    Form1: TForm1;
    flag: boolean; // determines what the next direction of cursor motion is

[b]implementation[/b]

{$R *.DFM}

[b]procedure[/b] TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    [b]begin[/b]
    flag:=not flag;
    mouse.cursorpos:=point(mouse.cursorpos.x+100*ord(flag)-50,mouse.cursorpos.y);
    [b]end;

end.[/b]

[/code]

• kvarnstenkvarnsten Member Posts: 47
    : : I have an odd error on my windows installation that turns off the signal to the monitor after 15 mins inactivity (no, all energy saving & screensaving functions are off). Signal also cant be brought back why I need a temporarily solution for keeping comp "alive".
    : :
    : : I know there are some moving mouse pointer progs avaiable but none of them work if watching movies at the same time when pointer wonders off to the centre of the screen.
    : : So what I want to know is:
    : : Is there a simple way of moving the mouse pointer say 30 pixels left then 30 pixels right every 15 secs.
    : : How is it implemented?
    : : thanks!
    : : /Matt
    : The following code uses a timer component. Test it out.
    :
    : Here is some code for you:
    : [code]
    : [b]var[/b] // global variables section
    : Form1: TForm1;
    : flag: boolean; // determines what the next direction of cursor motion is
    :
    : [b]implementation[/b]
    :
    : {$R *.DFM}
    :
    : [b]procedure[/b] TForm1.Timer1Timer(Sender: TObject);
    : [b]begin[/b]
    : flag:=not flag;
    : mouse.cursorpos:=point(mouse.cursorpos.x+100*ord(flag)-50,mouse.cursorpos.y);
    : [b]end;
    :
    : end.[/b]
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    thanks!

works like a clock
  • Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

___ { http://forcoder.org } free ebooks and video tutorials about \ Assembly Swift MATLAB PL/SQL Visual Basic .NET Objective-C Scratch Ruby C# Go Visual Basic JavaScript C++ C Java R PHP Delphi Perl Python Apex Dart FoxPro Ada ML Clojure LabVIEW Transact-SQL Crystal F# Scheme Fortran Kotlin Erlang VBScript Rust SAS Scala ABAP Lisp Awk COBOL Lua Hack D Logo Bash Prolog Alice Julia \