Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Calling a VBScript function with the onclick event!!!!!

Im creating a webpage to sell movie tickets. I need to call a VBScript function when a client select a seat. This function will change the status of that specific seat in the database. How can I call that function when the client clicks over the image of the seat???

Comments

• vanithvanith Member Posts: 44
    : Im creating a webpage to sell movie tickets. I need to call a VBScript function when a client select a seat. This function will change the status of that specific seat in the database. How can I call that function when the client clicks over the image of the seat???
    :

Hi!

I think you are trying to call a VBscript function at the server side as you say it involves some DB operations. You can excute the function only if the client submits his information to the server, not directly at the mouseclick event of the image. Submit the form containing the user entered data at the onclick event of your image link.

Your code may have to look something like this.
    [code]
    <%
    if Request("txt_SeatNo") <> "" then
    call selectSeat(Request("txt_SeatNo"))
    end if
    %>

[/code]

:)heers,
    Vanith
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

________ | http://forcoder.org | free ebooks and video tutorials about < Visual Basic .NET Swift C# Assembly Delphi MATLAB Objective-C Perl C Scratch R Visual Basic Go C++ Java Python PL/SQL JavaScript PHP Ruby D Julia Alice Logo Crystal Awk Erlang COBOL F# Ada LabVIEW Rust Scala Scheme Lisp Clojure Transact-SQL ABAP ML Bash SAS Prolog Fortran VBScript Dart Hack Lua Apex FoxPro Kotlin /> ____________