Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Understanding the kernel

I have been trying to learn the kernel source code. I studied a little bit C/Assembly just for getting into learning the linux kernel. Downloaded the kernel source code, read the How-to's, docs etc.

I am not getting anywhere, there is nothing that I seem to understand. I guess I am getting frustrated with learning the whole thing. Is there or can anybody please help me understand what exactly I am doing wrong or what I should do to learn the kernel.

I definitely don't want to be left out of the community...

Thanks.

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Look at lwn.net.
    Also Linux Device Drivers by Rubini
    There are some more books on the lwn.net site worth looking into.

: I have been trying to learn the kernel source code. I studied a little bit C/Assembly just for getting into learning the linux kernel. Downloaded the kernel source code, read the How-to's, docs etc.
    :
    : I am not getting anywhere, there is nothing that I seem to understand. I guess I am getting frustrated with learning the whole thing. Is there or can anybody please help me understand what exactly I am doing wrong or what I should do to learn the kernel.
    :
    : I definitely don't want to be left out of the community...
    :
    : Thanks.
    :

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

____ ( http://forcoder.org ) free video tutorials and ebooks about \ R MATLAB Ruby PHP Objective-C Python Visual Basic Scratch Visual Basic .NET C# Assembly Swift Java Go JavaScript Delphi PL/SQL C C++ Perl Julia Bash Alice ML VBScript D Hack COBOL F# Awk Crystal SAS Scala Rust FoxPro Scheme ABAP Erlang Apex Logo Clojure Lua Dart Lisp LabVIEW Transact-SQL Fortran Ada Kotlin Prolog \ _______