Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

plasma demo help

hi folks,

i would like to write plasma demo using sin table as i have not done
something like this before. i would like to use it as a visual plugin
to my mp3 player.

i have searched all of google and have yet to find a decent tutorial
on how to write a 'sin' based plasma demo. if any of you can help that
would be great.

moving on i gather the plasma is created as a result of adding
multiple sin equations together and using that as the color index or
do 3 separate ones to get values for RGB.

my question by using the sin table sometimes the index value can be
negative (0 to 360 angle)! how do i avoid this? do i just cache the sin table with the
positive value region of sin?

thanks in advance,

kerb.

Comments

• distortiondistortion Posts: 3Member
    : my question by using the sin table sometimes the index value can be
    : negative (0 to 360 angle)! how do i avoid this? do i just cache the
    : sin table with the positive value region of sin?

well, I quite don't get what is the question, but anyways... the sin/cos values, as you know, are repeating fuctions... this means value sin(360) is the same as sin(0) == sin(-360)... and so on ...or -1 == 359...just mod the value by 360 and you'll get the right value... if you would like to discuss this a bit deeper (optimizations of this, whatever) just mail me distortion@host.sk
    -Distortion

=============
    knowledge brings FEAR