Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Please help an Oracle rookie

choco_guschoco_gus Member Posts: 9
Hello everyone!

I hope someone helps me... this is the situation, at my office there's an HP 9000 Server in which we have Oracle installed, I need to know how to connect to the Oracle database server using my PC which is running under windows 98, what Oracle software do I need to install in my PC and when I got the proper software installed what do I need to configure in my PC to get connected??? I mean... I'd like to use something like the enterprise manager of SQL-Server to manage the Oracle databases using my PC.

Any help will be thanked...

Comments

• dannyerldannyerl Member Posts: 20
    : Hello everyone!
    :
    : I hope someone helps me... this is the situation, at my office there's an HP 9000 Server in which we have Oracle installed, I need to know how to connect to the Oracle database server using my PC which is running under windows 98, what Oracle software do I need to install in my PC and when I got the proper software installed what do I need to configure in my PC to get connected??? I mean... I'd like to use something like the enterprise manager of SQL-Server to manage the Oracle databases using my PC.
    :
    : Any help will be thanked...
    :
    Hey man! I'm gonna try to help you but first you should answer yourself this questions:

1) What version and what kind of Oracle DB is installed on the server? (Oracle 7,8, or Oracle RDB)
    2) Do you have all the CD software that was provided by your vendor?

After this:
    0) Your user should've DBA right access to the DB and to the server

1st) In your PC(or any PC) should install the oracle client software, usually this is a CD identified with this name. Once you've installed go and check in the program list there should be a program folder named "Oracle for Win95" and inside of it is a program named "SQL Net Easy configuration", so opened it and follow the instructions on the screen(very easy). This SQL Net Easy configuration is tool to "comunicate the PC and the server"

2nd) Try the connection

3rd) You should know the name or the IP address of the server because this is a very important step for a succesfully configuration.

This the only software that you need to configurate a PC to use Oracle services. Actually, included in the CD software list that you should have are a lots of software is only that you check it.

Ok I hope this tips help you, by

Daniel
  • choco_guschoco_gus Member Posts: 9
    Thanks man! I'll do what u said an d I'll tell u what happened, thanks a lot for the help!

Good bye
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

________ / http://forcoder.org / free ebooks and video tutorials about | PL/SQL Perl Visual Basic .NET C++ C# Swift Scratch Python Assembly Delphi MATLAB Visual Basic Objective-C Java R JavaScript Go Ruby PHP C ABAP Awk Apex D Kotlin Dart VBScript Clojure SAS Crystal Transact-SQL ML Hack Prolog COBOL F# Lisp Rust Erlang Lua Scala Bash Scheme Ada Alice Logo FoxPro Fortran LabVIEW Julia | ___________