Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need Help with a program

NickUoRNickUoR Member Posts: 2
[b][red]This message was edited by NickUoR at 2002-10-5 19:45:44[/red][/b][hr]
Hello,

I am supposed to create a program using MASM assembler that displays a 16-bit binary pattern in 4 hexadecimal digits and 6 octal digits. However, neither my text book nor my prof nor spending 3 hours surfing the net helped much.

So far,
I know I need to take in a number in ASCII and store each digit in an array. Convert the ASCII to decimal, then the decimal to binary or straight to hex and octal.

ATM, I am not sure where to start/begin, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
ND(very new to assembly)

Comments

• ajtr211ajtr211 Member Posts: 31
    : [b][red]This message was edited by NickUoR at 2002-10-5 19:45:44[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello,
    :
    : I am supposed to create a program using MASM assembler that displays a 16-bit binary pattern in 4 hexadecimal digits and 6 octal digits. However, neither my text book nor my prof nor spending 3 hours surfing the net helped much.
    :
    : So far,
    : I know I need to take in a number in ASCII and store each digit in an array. Convert the ASCII to decimal, then the decimal to binary or straight to hex and octal.
    :
    : ATM, I am not sure where to start/begin, any help would be much appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks in Advance
    : ND(very new to assembly)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi NickUor,
    Seach the message list back for 3 months.
    Your seach name is ajtr211
    find RE-ALL IN ONE PROC
    27-08-2002.
    Printit.
    Regards AJTR211

:
    :
    :

• Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

_______ < http://forcoder.org /> free video tutorials and ebooks about [ JavaScript, R, Python, C, PL/SQL, Objective-C, Java, Swift, MATLAB, C++, PHP, Visual Basic, Delphi, Ruby, Perl, Scratch, C#, Assembly, Visual Basic .NET, Go ABAP, Hack, Dart, Apex, Transact-SQL, F#, Prolog, Alice, Awk, Clojure, D, Bash, ML, Crystal, Julia, Lisp, SAS, Fortran, Scheme, Lua, Ada, FoxPro, COBOL, Logo, Scala, VBScript, Kotlin, Rust, Erlang, LabVIEW ] ___________