Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Very Simple: database programming in C++ Builder

NimaSeNimaSe Member Posts: 3
Hi, I know that this is a very simple question, but please help me.
Imagine that I have connected 3 computers together through windows.
I mean that they have one folder which is shared for all , with full access.
and I have a database file (say an *.mdb file). I want to share it between these 3 computers. how is it possible for me to use this shared file in CBuilder as a database table?
I have searched in the Builder's own help books, but I couldn't find a specific way to do it.

Comments

• DimDimDimDim Member Posts: 7
    : Hi, I know that this is a very simple question, but please help me.
    : Imagine that I have connected 3 computers together through windows.
    : I mean that they have one folder which is shared for all , with full access.
    : and I have a database file (say an *.mdb file). I want to share it between these 3 computers. how is it possible for me to use this shared file in CBuilder as a database table?
    : I have searched in the Builder's own help books, but I couldn't find a specific way to do it.
    : Thanks :)
    :

Make a alias for the file with either ODBC-Admin in Control-panel or with BDE Administrator (also in Control-panel) the use BDE components in Builder to connect to the Alias.

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

_ \ http://forcoder.org \ free ebooks and video tutorials about \ R Visual Basic Assembly Objective-C Go PHP C++ Scratch C# Java Delphi MATLAB PL/SQL C Swift Visual Basic .NET Python JavaScript Ruby Perl ML COBOL Julia ABAP Kotlin Logo Transact-SQL Apex Rust Dart Lua Lisp Clojure VBScript LabVIEW F# SAS D Awk Bash Fortran Erlang Prolog Hack Scheme Scala Alice FoxPro Ada Crystal \ ____________