Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Digitizing Query

I am a final year engineering student making a project on a GIS application that digitizes a map and feeds in information on it.
I would like to know how to digitize a map and for the same which language should be used. I would also like to know whether a scanned map can be digitized. If so how ?? If possible I would also like to get information for the sites and boks that can be referred for the same.

Comments

• Josh CodeJosh Code Member Posts: 675
    : I am a final year engineering student making a project on a GIS application that digitizes a map and feeds in information on it.
    : I would like to know how to digitize a map and for the same which language should be used. I would also like to know whether a scanned map can be digitized. If so how ?? If possible I would also like to get information for the sites and boks that can be referred for the same.
    :

Any information on the computer is digital. A scanner digitizes everything it scans.

You have to be more specific about what information you want out of the maps. What kind of files do you want? Are you using any particullar kind of map (ie. topographical)?
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

__ ( http://forcoder.org ) free ebooks and video tutorials about ( R, MATLAB, Delphi, PHP, C, Swift, Objective-C, Scratch, JavaScript, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl, Visual Basic .NET, Python, PL/SQL, Assembly, Java, Go, Visual Basic Lisp, VBScript, Transact-SQL, Erlang, Julia, Apex, ABAP, Ada, Hack, D, FoxPro, Bash, Logo, SAS, Crystal, Dart, Fortran, Awk, COBOL, ML, Kotlin, Clojure, F#, Lua, Rust, Scala, Alice, LabVIEW, Scheme, Prolog ) ___