Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

About TSR

DantyDanty Posts: 322Member
Is TSR programming only only for DOS?

Comments

• codcod Posts: 20Member
    : Is TSR programming only only for DOS?
    :
    ???????

Antonio
  • DantyDanty Posts: 322Member
    : ???????
    :
    : Antonio

I mean: is it posible to write a TSR program for linux, windows, other palteforms in ASM? Is it worth learning?

• DariusDarius Posts: 1,666Member
    : : ???????
    : :
    : : Antonio
    :
    : I mean: is it posible to write a TSR program for linux, windows, other palteforms in ASM? Is it worth learning?
    :

TSR's are only necessary in single-tasking OSes (read DOS). They provide a basic level of multitasking to an otherwise single-tasking OS. There is no necessity for TSR in an multitasking OS. However, I believe you have some other idea connected to the idea of TSR (for example, a TSR that provides library routines to any program that's running, or an interrupt handler). In which case, these ideas are definitely implementable in a multitasking OS. I suggest that you be more specific about what you are thinking/planning, and we can suggest how you might go about doing it, for example, to provide library routines you'd use a DLL.

"We can't do nothing and think someone else will make it right."
    -Kyoto Now, Bad Religion