Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

TTreeview not freeing memory

Hi

I have a treeview whose data property points to the following data structure:

TData = record
bRestored : boolean;
sSort,
sFile,
sSize : string;
dtDate : TDateTime;
end;

I call Dispose(Node.Data) for each node when the treeview is distroyed, but the memory is not freed.

If I change the strings to PChar it seems to work ok, but when I retrieve the data in another procedure it is not what it was set to, regardless of what casting I do.

Any ideas

Kevin Whynot
CSS Software

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi
    :
    : I have a treeview whose data property points to the following data structure:
    :
    :
    : TData = record
    : bRestored : boolean;
    : sSort,
    : sFile,
    : sSize : string;
    : dtDate : TDateTime;
    : end;
    :
    : I call Dispose(Node.Data) for each node when the treeview is distroyed, but the memory is not freed.
    :
    : If I change the strings to PChar it seems to work ok, but when I retrieve the data in another procedure it is not what it was set to, regardless of what casting I do.
    :
    : Any ideas
    :
    : Kevin Whynot
    : CSS Software
    :
    :
    You could try the Finalize() procedure.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

________ < http://forcoder.org /> free ebooks and video tutorials about { C PL/SQL Python PHP Visual Basic Swift R C++ Scratch Delphi Objective-C Perl MATLAB Ruby Go C# Assembly Visual Basic .NET Java JavaScript Logo Julia ABAP Scheme Dart LabVIEW Hack Lua Transact-SQL Clojure Scala SAS ML FoxPro D Crystal Apex Rust Fortran Erlang Lisp VBScript COBOL Awk Bash F# Prolog Kotlin Alice Ada } ____________