Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dynamic tabsheets + adding visual components

Hi there, i'm fairly new to Delphi. (using Borland delphi 5).

I'm currently creating tabsheets dynamically to my page control via a button click.

I was just wondering if it is possible to add a visual component to the tabsheet as it is being created? I want to add a TreeView to each newly created Tabsheet. When i create a TreeView, i set the tabsheet as the owner to the treeview. But this is not working. Does the treeview have to be placed in some kind of holding container? I think i'm totally lost here!

Thanks for any help!

Gene

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : Hi there, i'm fairly new to Delphi. (using Borland delphi 5).
    :
    : I'm currently creating tabsheets dynamically to my page control via a button click.
    :
    : I was just wondering if it is possible to add a visual component to the tabsheet as it is being created? I want to add a TreeView to each newly created Tabsheet. When i create a TreeView, i set the tabsheet as the owner to the treeview. But this is not working. Does the treeview have to be placed in some kind of holding container? I think i'm totally lost here!
    :
    : Thanks for any help!
    :
    : Gene
    :
    :
    You need to set the Owner to the form and the Parent property to the tabsheet.
  • Justin BibJustin Bib USAMember Posts: 0

_ [ http://forcoder.org ] free video tutorials and ebooks about / C, Objective-C, C#, Visual Basic .NET, PL/SQL, Python, JavaScript, Visual Basic, Scratch, Go, Perl, Ruby, Java, C++, Swift, PHP, R, Assembly, MATLAB, Delphi Rust, ML, Logo, Dart, Lua, Crystal, Fortran, Lisp, COBOL, Hack, Kotlin, Clojure, Julia, LabVIEW, Scheme, SAS, Ada, Prolog, Scala, FoxPro, Awk, Erlang, Alice, D, ABAP, F#, VBScript, Apex, Transact-SQL, Bash / ______