Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Threads

I'd like to make a thread in my program.
But i don't know anything abour threads. I just know that it's a small program that can be run somoutaneousely to tha main program.

Please give me a very simple example.

Comments

• bednarjmbednarjm Member Posts: 82
    In VB 6 this is not a trivial programming exercise. You need to ask why you need multi-threading in a project. Usually it only needs to be done for distributed apps (for scalaibility). You'll be getting heavily into DCOM and other ugly topics.

If you're using vb.net it's much easier - add a system.threading.thread class and create the new thread.

jim b
  • Shawn CarterShawn Carter Member Posts: 0

___ // http://forcoder.org // free ebooks and video tutorials about \ C, Perl, C#, JavaScript, Assembly, Ruby, Objective-C, Scratch, Delphi, R, PL/SQL, C++, MATLAB, Swift, Visual Basic .NET, Python, Go, Visual Basic, PHP, Java Julia, Clojure, Awk, Ada, COBOL, Scheme, Transact-SQL, ML, Bash, ABAP, D, Hack, VBScript, LabVIEW, Dart, Kotlin, Scala, Crystal, F#, Apex, Alice, SAS, Logo, Lisp, Prolog, Lua, FoxPro, Fortran, Erlang, Rust \ ___________