Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

grant access to only one db via shell script

SouldrinkerSouldrinker Member Posts: 143
hi there,

I have to write some ISP-tools to allow users to register on a webserver, now I want them to be able to create ONE database (better said: a script generates it). I create the directory for the database and change the permissions, so it should work.

After doing that I insert the db with user into the mysql->db table, now he should be able to work with his db - but it does not work, does anyone have a clue 'bout this?
best regards,

sebastian mohrenstecher
executive secretary
net::allies

www.net-allies.de
info@net-allies.de

Comments

• jcarlssonjcarlsson Member Posts: 21
    : After doing that I insert the db with user into the mysql->db table, now he should be able to work with his db - but it does not work, does anyone have a clue 'bout this?
    : best regards,

did you create the directory with mkdir or anything like that? you should create the database with the help of mysql, not using mkdir or anything, do as you do when you create a database following the mysql documentation and then you just say that the user that the person you created it for should have all rights on it
    [red]--[/red]
    [green]jcarlsson[/green] [blue]<[/blue][purple]jcarlsson@linux.nu[/purple][blue]>[/blue]
    [red]http://www.jcarlsson.tk[/red]

• Chris BrownChris Brown USAMember Posts: 4,624 ✭✭

____ | http://forcoder.org | free video tutorials and ebooks about < C++, Delphi, Go, R, JavaScript, Swift, Visual Basic, PHP, Ruby, Visual Basic .NET, C#, Python, Objective-C, MATLAB, PL/SQL, Scratch, Perl, Java, C, Assembly Apex, Fortran, Clojure, Prolog, F#, Transact-SQL, Dart, Crystal, LabVIEW, Alice, Hack, Erlang, Lisp, FoxPro, Scheme, Logo, ML, Ada, Scala, D, COBOL, Rust, Kotlin, VBScript, Bash, Lua, Julia, ABAP, Awk, SAS /> ___________